JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to Winco last night. If you don't like shopping for sales then Winco is generally the best option but you can get many items for cheaper if you buy the sale items at Safeway and Freddy's.

Edit: I am going to make a $50 grocery haul at Safeway, on my way home from work, tomorrow. Freddys has ground beef for $1.97 a lb so I might swing by there too.

Calories are king when on a budget.
Kicked arse at Safeway today.

7.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
5lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
6lbs of peppered bacon
1lb butter
1 gal of milk
4 cans of chili
Two bags of tortilla chips

Total $42.40

20220308_102148.jpg

Kicked arse at Safeway today.

7.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
5lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
6lbs of peppered bacon
1lb butter
1 gal of milk
4 cans of chili
Two bags of tortilla chips

Total $42.40

View attachment 1148940
There is a place up here called US Foods Chef Store. They used to be called Cash and Cary. They have them in OR too. The place is aimed at small commercial operations like restaurants and such. For many years the one place I worked for bought stuff there and I just assumed they only sold to business. found out anyone can go there. Price on most stuff is lower than any store but, you of course have to buy larger amounts of most stuff. I make our own ground beef from them using FAR better cuts and its cheaper but, have to buy a large package. If one of them is within easy drive would be worth checking out.

I took the wife to Wankers for dinner after work last night and we both ate good size meals for $37 including the 20% tip. That seems relativly cheap compared to most other sit down joints these days.

There is a place up here called US Foods Chef Store. They used to be called Cash and Cary. They have them in OR too. The place is aimed at small commercial operations like restaurants and such. For many years the one place I worked for bought stuff there and I just assumed they only sold to business. found out anyone can go there. Price on most stuff is lower than any store but, you of course have to buy larger amounts of most stuff. I make our own ground beef from them using FAR better cuts and its cheaper but, have to buy a large package. If one of them is within easy drive would be worth checking out.
We have one near us, the prices generally don't seem great to me but I am cheap. Their quality is probably much better than the sketchy stuff I buy.

We have one near us, the prices generally don't seem great to me but I am cheap. Their quality is probably much better than the sketchy stuff I buy.
Assuming they all sell the same stuff, they sell a lot of name brand things. Just in larger amounts. There is a lot of stuff I will not cheap out on and there is often a huge difference in price at least here. Again though to get that price have to buy a lot more than I would at the store. We can buy Sirloin steak here and grind up for less than the ground beef in the store. Again have to buy an entire butt at a time. Often buy NY strip too and its a little more than ground beef in the store but of course have to buy an entire slab at a time. It's IBP so very good stuff. Lot of stuff we would normally buy in a jar they have in those large cans. So as long as you have a way to store it, saves a lot. Now the store in OR may for some reason be on a different price schedule? Lot probably depends on the local gov and what they tack on.

Done, what's the next tip for avoiding paying inflated prices?
Problem the best tip is to shop with intelligence and compare prices. Know what you are buying and if the product will last. I have an in on what products have a lot of claims on them for being bad stuff.

The more it cost investigate the quality.

Your time is worth money, you never get that time back so don't waste the time on junk.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews