JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is this bear scat?

• Total voters
Probably just @Stomper roaming around your neck of the woods :rolleyes:

Just me and the posse....

0A2E7D88-E2AF-4893-AF83-48EC0D8E4E6A.jpeg

Elk is like big deer, and we don't have caribou or moose around here. It could even be coyote, depending on the size. I've seen them eat enough berries in town and end up getting the runs like that. Most likely culprit is a bear or a deranged two legged beast.

That second set of poop. What is the length and diameter of an individual piece? It appears the shape of Moose and Caribou up here. How does it compare to Elk? We don't have any of them here.
They are about the size of chocolate covered raisins but not nearly as delicious.:rolleyes: I have seen clearings up there with many piles in a group and my guess is they are from deer which move through the property regularly.

Could be a Squatch though. Make sure and use a low pixel game cam so you get that low quality grainy video we all expect with recorded Squatch sightings.

Last Edited:
Probably is....We used to have coons eating cherries from our cherry tree, it can look like bear scat full of pits and seeds. Not as big as the bear piles, and generally at least somewhat turd like rather than the big pie.

If you assume it's coons and it turns out to be a bear, that could suck for you.

If it is coons, their scat has some nasty parasites and that could suck if your children or animals get into it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top