JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I am interested in a relatively new person's sale offering, I will go look at their recent posts to get an idea of whether they actively participate in the forum, or post mainly spam, or if they use the forum as a Craigslist substitute....and make a decision from there.

I don't think you should have a minimum number of posts. I'll look someone's posts and feedback if it's available. I think if someone signs up for an account and posts a classified on here, they've already invested more time than people on craigslist.

i have bought from a person w/ only 3 posts.everything went just fine, and i picked up on a gooooood deal !! some are not so lucky, but then again this can happen on any site ! i'm affraid this thread will turn into one of those (wich is better the AK or the AR)

my opinion only....steven

Since this site uses vBulletin software, there are modifications and add-ons which can cut spam dramatically. I am a Super Moderator at a Microsoft Access forum which uses the same software and once we did some modifications and added a particular add-on (I can't remember what it was right now and it wasn't me who did it but the site owner) it has been way easier to deal with those minor numbers of spammers. We do have a minimum 10 post rule for certain things, including posting URL's and you are right it does lead to many stupid posts while they run the count up to post a URL. But it also makes it easy to spot those people who are doing it. And then we just ban them and use the special mechanism here which lets you select one of their posts, click DELETE AS SPAM and then it lets you select to delete ALL their posts and ban them at the same time. Quick and easily we have cleaned them out (and their lame posts) and gone one with business. But the moderators may not be watching the site as closely as our moderators on the Access site do.

I came to this site looking primarily for information, Crowd-sourcing the northwest firearms community. I also had a wish list of things i wanted for my most recent AR build... and now I'm hooked. Granted, I don't post much, but I've read through thousands of posts in hundreds of threads. None of that ever would have happened if I hadn't been some random person joining this forum trying to get rid of some parts and find others. As many have said here, it's one click away from being ignored.

You show me a system and Ill show you how to beat it. I'm very much a pro freedom person in every aspect. I hate rules. Rules, rules, rules. Everything is illegal or against some kind rule nowadays. I have a very simple ethical compass that I follow. Hasn't gotten me into too much trouble . . . yet. No matter what you do in life your going to have to take out the garbage.

Who cares if some people are only here for the classifieds? If they are buying and or selling stuff then I'm glad they came. They create traffic and traffic is good for the site. My very first post was in the classifieds but now I am participating. I think we need a better registration process that will weed out spammers.

I lurk the forums and will comment or post when I feel the need. Most times I can find the answers or information I'm looking for that way. Why clutter things up when I can search to see if someone asked has asked about the same topic?

I really enjoy reading what all you old pro's and not so old but still pro's have to offer up for advice. That being said even though I do add my .02 once in a while I dont feel that I really have that much to offer up on many of the threads and therefore would not be able to meet the minimum. This is an awesome place for information I would otherwise have to learn the hard way and hopefully someday I will have learned enough to return the favor.

Against it. There are too many rules in this world already. This is a forum for the free exchange of ideas between persons who share similar interests. Keep it open and simple. LIBERTY above all.

Of course, it takes a newbie to start a thread like this. I post so infrequently it took me 15 minutes to discover how many posts I have, and then find I am a 'Senior Member'. The only reason I posted on this thread was to boost my post count. :s0112:

I think a minimum post rule would be counter-productive to those who actually use this site to share and learn. There are those of us that have been members for sometime and only speak when they have something beneficial to share; hence low post numbers for some members. On the other hand, sifting through pages of banter and one-liners from people only trying to meet a requirement would sink this ship to the bottom and make it no different than "Seattle's" other "Gun" website or "DotNet" guys:s0131:. We have something easy to navigate here on this site, lets not clog that up with mindless chirping caused by post requirement rules.

:s0025:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads