JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems like I am seeing more and more spammers on this site all the time. These post seem to be mostly garbage with NO relation to firearms nor the sport of shooting, hunting or anything in that general purpose. Seems like a minimum post of even 10 post would keep people from jumping on trying to rip off the forum members and then gone within the blink of an eye. It seems that with a minimum post rule people use the forum for more than just a quick sale of their junk, this is northwestfirearms after all and NOT craigslist!:s0155:

Just my honest opinion. Not the oldest member, not the newest. Seems like it might be time. I frequent another firearms forum that requires 100 post before you can sell on the classified ads.

I would like to hear what people have to say and think about a minimum post rule.....

sure, seen enough of folks who come in with less than 10 posts put an item up for sale and never come back or check their posts and pm's. 100 might be a bit much though, 25 or 50 might be better.

A minimum post count would mean someone would just have to post X number of garbage posts first, which could be done in under an hour if they just responded "I agree." X number of times. They theory is sound, but it's been tried other places before and just promotes more garbage on the forums.

I like to read a lot of the post and now and then put my two cents in when i think it would be helpful but for me to put in 100 post it would take a year. but if the rule was made I could just put up 100 post of bull.

The whole min post rule has been discussed before and was seen then as a bad idea because it would cause a lot of useless post.

People chiming in on subjects just to ad to their post count just means reading through garbage when reading about topics of interest.

sure it might clean up the classifieds but it would clutter everything else.

Sure it would nice if that passer by who just wants to sell that M1A that he inherited from his uncle for $300 would grab a chair and find out what its really worth before posting and get to know something about guns and the 2nd amendment and grab some popcorn and enjoy the drama . But too many just want to sell it and would just post a bunch of crap to meet requirements or just take it to a gun dealer which means you miss out.

Its a bit of a catch-22. I am a co-owner of a non-firearm forum and we have a similar free classified section. I have a very low post count and have NOT posted anything for sale here. The classifieds where how I found this site and while I haven't participated much (new to firearms) I have been reading a lot. I imagine the ads bring a lot of eyeballs to the site and if you look at the number viewing, they appear to be the most heavily trafficed area of the site. Those eyeballs lead to impressions which lead to ad dollars which pay the bills for the site and site owners. It can be frustrating to deal with them (I have had multiple PMs not returned) but it is what it is. If even some people come for the ads but decide to stick around I think its worth it. Just my $.02

Minimum post rules suck. A lot of the best deals on here are people who inherited some guns, or are desperate for cash and are just trying to unload them cheap, and if they have to have a minimum number of posts to sell something they'll go sell them somewhere else.

We already have a feedback system, and you can usually tell pretty quick by the way someone communicates whether they're a flake or not. Besides that, a high post count doesn't mean someone isn't a flake or that they're anymore honest or good to deal with than newer members.

In my opinion the minimum post ensures that spammers stay away. They are not gonna waste their time posting 25 times(or whatever it may be) just so they can spam a website, they are gonna pass it by. I don't think involving new members in discussion "clutters" things by any means, it gets them involved.
I am in no way saying 100 post is awesome. But the other forum that I frequent does not have spam like we are seeing here, more and more everyday. The classified's forum is turning into more of a craigslist than it used to be. As mentioned above, things get posted (junk or not) and then there is never pm's replied after that or the person never visits the site again leaving an open post with multiple "pm sent" and "I will take it's" never to be responded to.
I am in no means B*^ching about this forum, I love it and visit several times a day. It just seems there is more random junk posting from new people everyday.

i was going to put up a wanted ad for a lever action .38/.357 but there is no (new post) button on the classifieds for me... Is that because I need to meed a minimum # of postings elsewhere before I am allowed to?

I support a min post rule but feel that if it's a low post number
people will be less likely to abuse it. Also, it might actually inspire
lurkers to comment on posts and be more involved. A min post
number of 15 posts would make a difference I think. My 2 cents, thanks.

How about we let people go about their business, not locking off sections of the forum (which always seems to make a board feel uninviting to new members) and alert the mods when there's a problem, seems like it could work!

Minimum posts don't work from my experience - i am on forums with minimum post requirements to use the classifieds section and they still get scammers and occasional spam. Sometimes it is worse, since others assume the person is legit (since they are in the classifieds and met the requirements) and then they never deliver promised product, or only deliver a few then pocket the rest of the cash, or pay with stolen paypal, or etc. etc.

Hell, I've even seen sites that make people introduce themselves and post a minimum posts have scammers. If someone can fast talk you out of your money, I don't think they're going to have problems typing you up a story on the internet either lol.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top