Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Tikka Superlite .223 success with 75 grain ELD Match

bsa1917hunter

Reactions
Good to know. Perhaps the fluted barrel helps moreso than nonfluted
Those Finns just know how to make a good barrel. Regardless of whether it has flutes on it or not. One benefit to the standard barrel is it has a little more meat on it...... The superlite is a great compromise though: Less weight and you still get a hell of a good shooting rifle. Really hard to beat them as a good all around hunting rifle. Pharm has some good ones too...

OP
pharmseller
Reactions
The weight difference between the Tikkas is about half a beer.

The cool factor, though, is high.

B8FA6586-1810-4B61-9765-3A4E76D4490E.jpeg

P

Last edited:
OP
pharmseller
Reactions
The Sportsmans in Soldotna had a T3 Superlite .223 for $599.

I thought about it.

And I’ll buy that Varmint from you for $550.

P

OP
pharmseller
Reactions
I joined my brother at the range this morning, he brought his T3 Varmint. His Tikka shot my ELDM load into a little under a quarter for 5 shots at 100 yards. It chronoed 2953 FPS, ES 19. One of his shots hit the exact velocity as one of my shots, 2943.

Not bad, three Tikkas with the same load.

I named the load “Carlos” in honor of Carlos Hathcock II, Marine Corps sniper.

P

Reactions
I've been looking at a Tikka 223 Varmint. I missed the SS barrel production run and am still looking ALA Gunbroker, etc. I know I can get a T3X in SS, and then swap out the stock with one listed on Tikka's website. But what's the point, and WTF do I do with another stock? Might have to "settle" on a blued varmint, or the 223 in stainless ;)

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider