JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to know. Perhaps the fluted barrel helps moreso than nonfluted

Those Finns just know how to make a good barrel. Regardless of whether it has flutes on it or not. One benefit to the standard barrel is it has a little more meat on it...... The superlite is a great compromise though: Less weight and you still get a hell of a good shooting rifle. Really hard to beat them as a good all around hunting rifle. Pharm has some good ones too...

The weight difference between the Tikkas is about half a beer.

The cool factor, though, is high.

B8FA6586-1810-4B61-9765-3A4E76D4490E.jpeg

P

Last Edited:
Dearest Pharm,

You owe me
$550 for the rifle
$1300 for scope and rings
$300 for reloading supplies
$200 for magazines

I'd prefer 100 dollar bills.

Thanks for your timely payment in this matter.

Last Edited:
I joined my brother at the range this morning, he brought his T3 Varmint. His Tikka shot my ELDM load into a little under a quarter for 5 shots at 100 yards. It chronoed 2953 FPS, ES 19. One of his shots hit the exact velocity as one of my shots, 2943.

Not bad, three Tikkas with the same load.

I named the load "Carlos" in honor of Carlos Hathcock II, Marine Corps sniper.

P

I've been looking at a Tikka 223 Varmint. I missed the SS barrel production run and am still looking ALA Gunbroker, etc. I know I can get a T3X in SS, and then swap out the stock with one listed on Tikka's website. But what's the point, and WTF do I do with another stock? Might have to "settle" on a blued varmint, or the 223 in stainless ;)

Ar comp with 60 gr ballistic tips is a one hole affair in several 1-8 twist guns I own. Thank god I bought a bunch of nosler seconds and an 8# jug of AR Comp. before the fecal matter hit the oscillating device.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top