JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a great fan of the Boberg design of firearm and own several. For those who don't know, last year Bond Arms bought Boberg Arms and Bond plans on reissuing it under their own name of the Bond Bullpup. A number of design changes are planned, including coating the barrels and locking mechanism to eliminate the need for anti-seize lubrication. I am very much looking forward to seeing the new improved pistol and I have one on order.

Recently Bond sent around a flier stating that a small number of dual marked Boberg/Bond 9mm's were being released, built from Boberg stock on hand, but with the new Bond coated barrels. Three different models were available. The collector bug in me hit hard.

729 - nickle/chrome satin sheen finish frame, satin finished natural stainless steel slide
This one is the most interesting of the three. Low serial number, I can't help but wonder if this was an abandoned finish experiment.

Bondberg_0729_1.jpg
Bondberg_0729_2.jpg
Bondberg_0729_3.jpg

2454 - silver anodized frame, satin finished natural stainless steel slide
Very similar to the "Platinum" finish, but not quite the same.

Bondberg_2454_01.jpg
Bondberg_2454_02.jpg
Bondberg_2454_03.jpg

2474 - black anodized frame, satin finished natural stainless steel slide
This seems blacker and more matte than the "Onyx" finish.

Bondberg_2474_1.jpg
Bondberg_2474_2.jpg
Bondberg_2474_3.jpg

Last Edited:
There have been problems. As much as I love the Boberg and for me it shoots rings around most of my guns, it is a thoroughbred and needs love and attention like a finicky stallion. I would not recommend the Boberg as a carry gun, despite it being what it was made for. The Bond Bullpup just might solve those problems and my reservations may disappear.

First, if the round does not have a good crimp, the claw can extract the case from the magazine, but leave the bullet behind. Lists of good vs. bad ammos are available. Sticking to good ammos, I have never had this problem.

Second, random live round ejection problems. The gun cycles, ejecting the round instead of putting it into battery, leaving you with nothing in the chamber. Like I say, I own several, and have never had this problem, but for some Bobergs it is problematic. However Bond has been working on this and it should be one of the improvements to the Bullpup.

Third, the need for anti-seize. The barrel rotates as part of the recoil mitigation. It works quite well, but the barrel is held in by a locking block. This block must have two small pinheads of anti-seize to operate effectively. The Bond Bullpup will come standard with coated barrels that they claim removes the need for the anti-seize. A drop of normal gun oil after cleaning is all that is needed. The new barrels and locking blocks are marked with a "C" to indicate they are coated.

Bondberg_coated.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads