JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering having a couple pistol caliber lever actions threaded for suppressor use. Have a Marlin 1894 45 Colt, and considering getting either a 1894 Marlin .357 or a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine in .357. Is there anyone around locally who does this operation?

I have had Tornado Tech thread for me before, they do nice work. I'd call or email them.
Not sure if @Velzey does threading, might be worth asking as well.

Last Edited:
I have had Tornado Tech thread for me before, they do nice work. I'd call or email them.
Not sure if @Velzey does threading, might be worth asking as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked with Tornado Tech as they have done good work for me previously. Unfortunately, they said that they currently don't do lever actions. This was also the case for the guy I have thread most of my stuff (Tom Denall in Bend).

I sent a message to Velzey but didn't hear back. I would prefer to have someone local do it if they were set up for the job rather than ship it out, but it sounds like that may not be doable. There are several people out of the area which specialize in lever guns and do this type of operation, so maybe that is the route I will need to go.

I sent a message to Velzey but didn't hear back. I would prefer to have someone local do it if they were set up for the job rather than ship it out, but it sounds like that may not be doable.
Be patient, he has been occupied with a few non-gunsmith issues that have consumed his free time.

I'll second the nod to him.

You could call Koonce Custom Gunworks in Salem and ask. If I recall correctly, that is who did the one I have. Marlin 1894 .357, barrel shortened and threaded. Bought it that way so don't know for sure,,,

Thanks for the leads everyone. Looks like Marlin is starting to release a couple of factory threaded models, so that may be an option as well rather than threading the one that I have. Not listing a 45 Colt yet, only 38/357 and 45/70.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top