JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OCCUPY NWFA

Giggity...

111117_pepper_spray.jpg

I guess what I would say to that is there are at least 3 topics I just looked at in this "General discussion" section (and I stopped at that without even looking further) that didn't have mention of ANY firearm in them. I don't plan on pointing out who or what they are because that is NOT the point, my point is sometimes it is censored, sometimes it isn't. If this site wants to come across as "fair" in its censorship then it needs to do a better job of policing ALL threads and treat them all the same. Its funny how having a discussion about prepping, or about silver and gold (threads I started) may not have a thing to do about firearms but they are left alone.

Look, I mean no disrespect talking about this but sometimes the censorship goes a bit too far when there was a totally civil discussion going on about a topic that IS IN GENERAL RELATED TO PREP and the financial state of our country.

First, the site doesn't have to be "fair." I've had some threads and posts removed, so don't think you're alone, but two things might help you feel better about it.

1. This site is privately owned, and we have no rights here, not even freedom of speech. Think of it as someone else's home. Think of your home. You make the rules. We are just guests here.

2. The site is primarily here to promote, defend and discuss firearm ownership. On that we stand united. Things such as religion, politics, and many others, can only divide us. There are other forums for anything we want to discuss.

If your thread or post gets busted it isn't personal. Just man up and eat it and enjoy the forum. It doesn't really matter why because there's too much good on the forum to put energy into without wasting energy looking back.

Speaking the truth to youth.

I was at my brother's home a while ago and at the dinner table somehow conversation turned to the collapse of communism in the Soviet Union. My 12-year old nephew wondered aloud what it must have been like to live under communism. My brother started to describe the lack of free elections, the secret police, detention without trial, the reeducation camps and on . . and I watched my nephew's eyes start to glaze over.

The words formed in my head as if by magic. I held up my hand to my brother, index finger raised in universal sign. In the resulting silence, I said to my nephew.

"Imagine a world, where every single detail and every legal process is controlled by internet moderators."

My nephew's eyes got wide for a moment. Then widened again in horror. And after a pause of several long seconds, he said with a truly memorable grimace . . .

"EWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

I was at my brother's home a while ago and at the dinner table somehow conversation turned to the collapse of communism in the Soviet Union. My 12-year old nephew wondered aloud what it must have been like to live under communism. My brother started to describe the lack of free elections, the secret police, detention without trial, the reeducation camps and on . . and I watched my nephew's eyes start to glaze over.

The words formed in my head as if by magic. I held up my hand to my brother, index finger raised in universal sign. In the resulting silence, I said to my nephew.

"Imagine a world, where every single detail and every legal process is controlled by internet moderators."

My nephew's eyes got wide for a moment. Then widened again in horror. And after a pause of several long seconds, he said with a truly memorable grimace . . .

"EWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

Saved for later use........

First, the site doesn't have to be "fair." I've had some threads and posts removed, so don't think you're alone, but two things might help you feel better about it.

1. This site is privately owned, and we have no rights here, not even freedom of speech. Think of it as someone else's home. Think of your home. You make the rules. We are just guests here.

2. The site is primarily here to promote, defend and discuss firearm ownership. On that we stand united. Things such as religion, politics, and many others, can only divide us. There are other forums for anything we want to discuss.

If your thread or post gets busted it isn't personal. Just man up and eat it and enjoy the forum. It doesn't really matter why because there's too much good on the forum to put energy into without wasting energy looking back.

lol, I think I have "maned up". I was just frustrated for about an hour because I couldn't post something in "off topic" when there are other topics not related to firearms posted there and allowed to continue. No big deal though, I am over it now. I am wearing my big boy pants, everything is fine. You are right about the forum and I feel the same way.

"EWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

good story! too funny, sounds like my little ones.

I run a site that has nothing to do with guns, I take the same tack. My forum, my rules. Don't like it? Then leave and take what you paid for the "service" with you!

I run a site that has nothing to do with guns, I take the same tack. My forum, my rules. Don't like it? Then leave and take what you paid for the "service" with you!

do you? good, good for you.

hear that sound? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.... right over your head. did you even read anything in this thread?

come on people.... break it up.... move on.... nothing left to see here.

I think that the mods let a lot of stuff go that is against 'the rules'. In many cases they are part of the conversation and as long as things are kept civil they let it go. Usually when things start to go down hill they will give multiple warnings that if the thread doesnot improve it will be shut down. In other cases they don't know that the thread has discended into the 10th level of **** because they cannot possibly monitor every single post on here.
They do play it straight however, unlike at SGN where they will alter other people's post if they feel like it.

I suspect because there are plenty of other gun sites out there on the net that this site like all of them is here for one real purpose, to make money. You can't make money driving away customers so they limit free speech to keep more people here. Just my opinion of course but to back it up look at all the advertisers. Kinda capitalistic huh? LOL

Here is a site that has semi free speech and notice how much in donations they make every 3 months http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/*/index $85,438 isn't chump change for opening a site and haveing moderators run it for nothing.

jj

I suspect because there are plenty of other gun sites out there on the net that this site like all of them is here for one real purpose, to make money. You can't make money driving away customers so they limit free speech to keep more people here. Just my opinion of course but to back it up look at all the advertisers. Kinda capitalistic huh? LOL

jj

I love capitalism. It made this country wealthy once while we still universally practiced it. I wouldn't start a site like this without the hope that first it would pay for itself, and second it would be great to make money on it. If that's what motivates some of the decisions, fine. It's still privately owned, so the owners get to make the rules.

I love capitalism. It made this country wealthy once while we still universally practiced it. I wouldn't start a site like this without the hope that first it would pay for itself, and second it would be great to make money on it. If that's what motivates some of the decisions, fine. It's still privately owned, so the owners get to make the rules.

I am a capitalist. Just want to voice my opinion that the real reason for this site is to make money. I have no problems with the rules but wonder how much that is posted here is kept as possible documentation of selling guns without a lic? Nothing on the net ever goes away. There is no such thing as free speech, nothing is free LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top