JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a capitalist. Just want to voice my opinion that the real reason for this site is to make money. I have no problems with the rules but wonder how much that is posted here is kept as possible documentation of selling guns without a lic? Nothing on the net ever goes away. There is no such thing as free speech, nothing is free LOL

This site is very, very careful to post the laws about illegal gun selling. If documentation of illegal selling is here, it isn't for the benefit of the owners. In fact, they hate it and I recall them banning a couple of guys who were obviously buying and selling a lot of guns without a license. Yes, we could be spied on from without, but as long as you keep your nose clean I don't see anything to worry about.

Back to my point, this site is about making money in my opinion. I have no problem with people making money. The data base of this site can harm it's members if used by unscrupulous people so your point about keeping your nose clean is bigger than ever.

Deleted post in some cases do the poster a favor. LOL but still is that deleted post kept on a data base?

jj

Back to my point, this site is about making money in my opinion. I have no problem with people making money. The data base of this site can harm it's members if used by unscrupulous people so your point about keeping your nose clean is bigger than ever.

Deleted post in some cases do the poster a favor. LOL but still is that deleted post kept on a data base?

jj

Yes, deleted posts are kept in the database. It's the nature of the beast.

jj

We don't keep anything deleted but there are net bots such as "thewaybackmachine.com" that scour the net and record everything it can get it's bot into, we don't have any control over that. I've gone in and found stuff I posted on websites in the 90's. :s0131:

Deleted posts are still stored in the database. They just have a different marker on them. Some very sophisticated bots (with Google now being the biggest and fastest,) scour and record. Google and other bots even scour each other for data.

There is no hiding personally on the internet unless you want to, and know how to, properly use a string of proxy servers some of which must be off shore.

Even I have software which will scour an entire website and store it for me just as it is.

I just posted a thread about an investment company shutting the doors and put it in "general discussion", nothing racial, nothing religious, it did pertain to our financial situation,and yes somewhat political but the discussion that was taking place (at least the last I saw) was civil and respectful, why was it censored? I see dozens of threads with similar topic/discussion and some are censored some are not, what gives?

First, thanks for starting this thread. I like opportunities to address civil, well written concerns such as this one. As hard as we try, it's nearly impossible for us to read all the threads here. To make matters worse, we're human, and although we have the rules as guidelines by which to moderate, all of us have different levels of moderation. I'd love to find a way for all of us to consistently moderate the same way, but so far it has proven impossible. The best we can do is do our best, and I'll be the first to admit that sometimes we make mistakes. Over the past couple years I've tried to loosen the moderation up a bit to allow more freedom on here. If that thread was in the Off Topic section it sounds like perhaps it was deleted prematurely.

I suspect because there are plenty of other gun sites out there on the net that this site like all of them is here for one real purpose, to make money. You can't make money driving away customers so they limit free speech to keep more people here. Just my opinion of course but to back it up look at all the advertisers. Kinda capitalistic huh? LOL

Here is a site that has semi free speech and notice how much in donations they make every 3 months Latest Articles $85,438 isn't chump change for opening a site and haveing moderators run it for nothing.

jj

With the advertisements I can see why one might think that, but that's not the case. Once we pay the hundreds of dollars it takes to keep this site operating each month we have very little left over. There are still slim months when the difference comes out of my pocket. When I started this site I started it with specific goals in mind, which are laid out in our <broken link removed> . I will never compromise those goals for money, and I've turned down some very nice offers. I won't sell the site and I won't sell out to advertisers; it's my job to see to it those mission goals are met. If I were getting rich off this site, which I put at least 30 hours a week into, I sure wouldn't be working five 12 hour days for someone else. Half of those banners are donated or put up in trade, the other half are a fraction of what other sites this size charge for advertising. Sure, eventually it'd like to keep some of the fruits of my labor, but that sure isn't happening now.

I am a capitalist. Just want to voice my opinion that the real reason for this site is to make money. I have no problems with the rules but wonder how much that is posted here is kept as possible documentation of selling guns without a lic? Nothing on the net ever goes away. There is no such thing as free speech, nothing is free LOL

This site is very, very careful to post the laws about illegal gun selling. If documentation of illegal selling is here, it isn't for the benefit of the owners. In fact, they hate it and I recall them banning a couple of guys who were obviously buying and selling a lot of guns without a license. Yes, we could be spied on from without, but as long as you keep your nose clean I don't see anything to worry about.

All of the information is retained, yes, and members agree to that when they post here. Like Gunner said, I don't really see how that would be of benefit to us though. If you're blatantly violating laws on here and we find out, we will ban you, but we have no rules limited what quantity you can buy and sell.

First, thanks for starting this thread. I like opportunities to address civil, well written concerns such as this one. As hard as we try, it's nearly impossible for us to read all the threads here. To make matters worse, we're human, and although we have the rules as guidelines by which to moderate, all of us have different levels of moderation. I'd love to find a way for all of us to consistently moderate the same way, but so far it has proven impossible. The best we can do is do our best, and I'll be the first to admit that sometimes we make mistakes. Over the past couple years I've tried to loosen the moderation up a bit to allow more freedom on here. If that thread was in the Off Topic section it sounds like perhaps it was deleted prematurely.

With the advertisements I can see why one might think that, but that's not the case. Once we pay the hundreds of dollars it takes to keep this site operating each month we have very little left over. There are still slim months when the difference comes out of my pocket. When I started this site I started it with specific goals in mind, which are laid out in our <broken link removed> . I will never compromise those goals for money, and I've turned down some very nice offers. I won't sell the site and I won't sell out to advertisers; it's my job to see to it those mission goals are met. If I were getting rich off this site, which I put at least 30 hours a week into, I sure wouldn't be working five 12 hour days for someone else. Half of those banners are donated or put up in trade, the other half are a fraction of what other sites this size charge for advertising. Sure, eventually it'd like to keep some of the fruits of my labor, but that sure isn't happening now.

All of the information is retained, yes, and members agree to that when they post here. Like Gunner said, I don't really see how that would be of benefit to us though. If you're blatantly violating laws on here and we find out, we will ban you, but we have no rules limited what quantity you can buy and sell.

I appreciate the thought and consideration in your reply towards the deleated thread and this one too, I also appreciate the work all of you do as moderators. I know you guys do the best you can and I am fine with that. Regardless of who and whether it was right or wrong it shows the human side to each unique situation, and the work that goes into keeping things on the up and up for this great site.

Thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top