JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Allright, I just ordered the Tikka T3X Lite Stainless in 7mm Rem Mag. With all the gift cards I had I only spent $54 out of pocket. Not bad me thinks....Now I need to save up for a nice scope!

Still haven't purchased but now that someone talked about the Browning X-bolt Hells Canyon, I'm having a hard time choosing. I've narrowed it down to 7mmRemMag, just have to decide the rifle.

Told ya... I've been going back and forth for about 6 months.... 300 win mag though.....

I have both of these guns. The tikka in 300winmag and the xbolt in 6.5creedmoor. They are both amazing guns and fantastic shooters

Picked up the 7mm....really excited to get a scope. Next week is bonus week, will probably get a Leupold VX-3 or Vortex HS-T.

20190602_130800.jpg

Ended up getting a Vortex Strike Eagle in 3-18x42 since my bonus was less than i was hoping for. Looking forward to putting lead down range. I know i can look online but what is recommended for barrel break in?

My process is very detailed but it consistently results in the the type of groups you see above.

1. Install bolt, mount scope, bore sight scope. Fill magazine.

2. Then shoot. And shoot some more. Don't shoot a barrel hot, but shoot.

3. Get the precision you want, adjust the scope for accuracy, shoot some more to confirm.

4. Go home, put the rifle away. Brag to your friends about what a great rifle you have.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 as desired.

6. Clean it every year or so. When you're ready for that, send me a pm and I'll walk you through my exhaustive process.

P

Congrats on your scope
Lots of magnification for the money... usually means not so good top end.
But I could be wrong.
Enjoy your new set up. Can't wait to see what she does

Picked up the 7mm....really excited to get a scope. Next week is bonus week, will probably get a Leupold VX-3 or Vortex HS-T.

View attachment 586037
Well geez, it's about time :D.. Congrats my friend. I'm sure you will like it. Much wiser choice than buying that 300wm. The recoil of the 300wm in that light of a package is surprisingly punishing.... Very punishing, in fact... You did good...

Thats one of the t3x upgrades. Those recoil pads are better than the old t3 pads. Just so people arent confused.

I'll make sure to write slowly.

T3 (not T3x) sissy pads are really bad. I swap them out for Limbsavers.

T3x sissy pads are better than T3 pads, but in the same way that a foot rub in prison is better than a back rub in prison.

Just havin' some fun.

P

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top