JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The reason I ask is because this

5C7E4C6D-E327-48DC-8777-11647048BC6D_zpst8xrrppe.jpg

Gets you this

IMG_2094_zpsjqa7nf0e.jpg

Which becomes this

ACD345E0-4C78-48E8-9AAE-547F1D5D9EBF_zpszedjwixw.jpg

One shot, fell over in 20 yards.

P

I got a tikka t3x in 7mm rem mag. I haven't hunted with it yet but I cant wait too. But on a side note, I have 2 other family members that have the same gun and have taken many deer and a few elk without a problem from the gun. It is worth the buy. Save the 200 that you'd spend on the browning and add it to the optic you'll want to buy for it.

As a hand loader you can turn your 7mm Rem Mag into anything from a 7mm-08, to .280 Rem, to full on magnum. You can be flexible with the 300 Win Mag too, but I think you have a wider bullet selection with 7mm.

P

Any idea on recoil difference between 300WM and 7mmRM?

I shoot both and I feel like the 7 recoils about 1/3 less than my 300. Same exact rifle, both M70 sporters. But, the biggest advantage to me is the 7 takes up less magazine and lets you get closer to the lands if your gun doesn't like a jump. The 300 swallows up a 30-06 length magazine. Thats why Id never do anything less than a 375 length action if I did it over.

This one is a bit longer than the books say:

CC40CF0D-5A05-4DC0-8CE9-A72519E5828C.jpeg

I went to Fisherman's Marine to fondle the Tikka and I really liked how lite it is...Stock feels kinda cheap but isn't that big of a deal. Nice rifles and I'll post a pic once I get it!

Tikkas are great. Only thing I don't like about the T3x is lacking of barrel threading for a suppressor. I have 2 Tikka rifles and both shoot amazingly well.

I'd recommend 300WM over 7MM Mag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads