JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a bunch of Cabelas gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and am looking at getting a rifle for an upcoming pack in Elk hunt. Looking at all sorts of guns but I keep coming back to the Tikka t3X Lite in 300Winmag and am curious what those who own them say about them. I have my 270, 308 and can borrow my dad's 30-06, all are Remington 700s, so I'm not interested in a comparison between brands/calibers...I'm just wanting another rifle that is going to be a special purchase for this hunt. Would it be a rifle I regret buying or will it end up being my go to rifle???

Tikka T3X Lite Bolt-Action Rifle – Stainless Steel/Black : Cabela's

I've been bouncing back and forth as well on the tikkas and am looking to upgrade an older 700 in 300 WM. There have been a lot of good reviews on Tikkas, but I've recently become stuck on Browning's hell canyon speed. Check it out as it's about 200 more then the tikka and some could say it's better??? I think they are both good rifles but would be curious to hear your opinion after some research as I can't make my mind up....o_O

You can certainly spend a lot more than the cost of a Tikka and predictably get much less. In their price range and a little higher too, the Tikka is IMHO the best thing going in rifles these days. I have 5 currently..... Maybe another is needed to make it an even number:)

For packin around the Tikka's hard to beat.
full.jpg

Assuming you have shot one, your plan sounds reasonable.

For me, the stock design is kinda punishing in recoil. Dunno why. But it smacks me more than I like. Especially when compared to other rifles that are similar in weight and chambering. Given how recoil sensation varies from person to person, all I could advise is try before you buy.

Everyone knows they are accurate with little fuss.

For a carry a lot and shoot a little rifle, they are spiffy.

I've read a few reviews of bolts falling out in the field. Anyone have that issue? It sounds like it'll be a purchase I don't regret...probably pick one up in the next few weeks. Hopefully they'll go on sale at Cabelas soon!

Fwiw, I had a T3 Lite in .30-06 and it was easy to pack and the recoil wasn't bad at all. I also think you get a lot for your money with a Tikka.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top