JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That looks really good. I just missed out on a real nice Browning bt99. I don't think he is against one. I know he needs an adjustable comb and he wants a 30 or 32" barrel.

I have shot a lot of trap and skeet with a variety of guns. For me it's a toss up between two, a citori with a release trigger, and a model 12. Whatever works for him. Just make sure it is properly fitted to him by a pro.
Personally I have sold many Morgan adjustable butt pads and custom adjustable combs to guys who have had one bad day at the range, and decided it was a fault of the gun.
A gun that is set up with proper comb height, drop at heel and cast off will help him shoot so much better.
A stock that is constantly tinkered with will only frustrate any shooter.
Sadly there aren't many gunsmiths left who know how to set up a stock. I have been out of competition too long to know. Ask around.

Coop, I have his shooting couch help him adjust it. Thank you for the info. I would like to get a gun with as many adjustable parts as I can. He is still only 14 and has alot of growing left to do.

Right on. :s0136:
Check with the Dick's and/or Sportsman Warehouse in Salem, to possibly see one in person.
They're both listed as dealers.
After dicks made their stance perfectly clear that 2a is not a right they support...I would never step foot in a dicks again.

As for CZ shotguns: most if not all of their over unders are made by huglu in turkey. They're decent guns but finding aftermarket parts for them like recoil pads is not an easy feat outside of custom sand to fit recoil pads. replacement parts are few and far between as well.

For a cheap gun they work and work well, but just keep in mind the aftermarket support for them just isn't there.

I own a CZ Drake over/under and the recoil pad it came with was barely thicker than a rubber band. finding an aftermarket pre-fit pad was impossible. finally got a grind to fit and got it "close enough" which make the shotgun much more bearable for the shoulder. Still leaves you with a sore shoulder after some trap shooting.

Also I did have to send it back to CZ to get the barrel selector fixed as it would only work for under first then over. if I flipped it to over first then under firing order the hammer wouldn't reset for the under shot. However CZ warranty department did take care of me. They paid shipping both directions and fixed the gun free of charge. I shipped it wrapped up in bubble wrap and put in a big box as i was afraid the shippers would crush my hard case that came with the gun...CZ shipped it back in a brand new gun case and cloth sleeves. So I have extra sleeves and an extra gun case now! great customer service from them! They even send you emails every couple days with status updates on your warranty so you don't feel like they forgot about you. So if you can get past the aftermarket support issue...it's a good company and they are decent guns. 20180309_213825.jpg

Sure Turq. Any action is completely acceptable. Your ability to shoot the gun should be the "chooser".
If you can already shoot it well, it only makes sense that you would use it....for anything!

You should take a look at the Franchi Instinct L...
I hear CZ makes good shotguns tho.
You can probably find an old Browning Superposed in your price range.

Whatever it is, make sure it fits him comfortably, as said before.

@DeanMk If you're in the market for a CZ shottie, look at this shop in Wisconsin through GunBroker. MSRP on my Redhead is $988. I paid under $700 shipped and had my goto @LuckySG complete the transfer. These folks purchased a discontinued lot from CZ at a bargain with the agreement they would sell the NEW firearms as "used".

Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com
Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com

I'm eyeing another one...

@DeanMk If you're in the market for a CZ shottie, look at this shop in Wisconsin through GunBroker. MSRP on my Redhead is $988. I paid under $700 shipped and had my goto @LuckySG complete the transfer. These folks purchased a discontinued lot from CZ at a bargain with the agreement they would sell the NEW firearms as "used".

I'm eyeing another one...
Not me Racefan...goatguns, that's the guy you want to mention this info to.
I've got an H&R and an 1100 lightweight that I am more than happy to shoot anytime I need/want to, so I'm good.
Thanks for the heads up, though. Appreciate it. =)

Dean
P.S. How's that O/U you just picked up?

No I dont.

Does it fit him? I bought one years ago and yes it was nice but did not fit me and it had no shims to adjust the fit. Had to sell it. You're close to the trap club just north of Salem next to I-5. I would take your son there.. The owner is (was) a professional shooter and fitter. They have a dozen or more loaners you can try and make sure that what you buy will work for him. Then it will be HIS gun, he'll have confidence in it.

Glad to hear it.
I''m thinking about a Browning Citori myself. The Feather Superlight of the 725 version, in particular.
The website says the 20 ga. version is only 3 Oz. heavier than my H&R Topper single.
When I saw that, I was like...:oops:.
It's a pretty spendy buy and I really need to try one out to be sure, but man, at that weight, I might be prompted to pry some of that cash out of my wallet.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads