JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know many don't want to hear this, but get the flu shot, Had this thing since Christmas eve.
It is hell on wheels this year. Hate to think what it would be had we not got the shot.
Worst I have had since the 50's

This year's flu shot guards against 3 three strains.
(got mine early October)

Just before Thanksgiving first me, then the wife both had stomach and lower flu.
Lasted about 6 days.

The flu shot isn't for everything out there.
I suspect I wouldn't be a happy camper if I contracted one of the big 3 three.

This year's flu shot guards against 3 three strains.
(got mine early October)

Just before Thanksgiving first me, then the wife both had stomach and lower flu.
Lasted about 6 days.

The flu shot isn't for everything out there.
I suspect I wouldn't be a happy camper if I contracted one of the big 3 three.

Yeah this one is a real beatch.
Back, muscles, stomach, lungs, the works. Wife got it first and it lasted about the same time yours did. Feels more like the old hong kong and flues like were around in the 50's & early 60's.
Wife got the stronger one this year and I got the cheap :D one from the va. I have a feeling that might have held it down a bit. Sure dont envy anyone this year that gets the full blown version of this flu. :-/ Its nothing like anything we have seen in at least the last 40 years.

I got the flu shot while at an unrelated doctor's appointment a couple of months ago. Since then everyone both kids have missed full weeks of school from the kind of sickness Taku describes. I haven't had more than a hint of a sore throat and slight cough. I like to attribute my good fortune to the flu shot. :D

I haven't had a flu shot since I was a Freshman in high school. Lucked out thus far. (although we're talking a few years, not decades.)

And people who will claim flu shots make you sterile in 3. 2. 1. :

I got the flu shot while at an unrelated doctor's appointment a couple of months ago. Since then everyone both kids have missed full weeks of school from the kind of sickness Taku describes. I haven't had more than a hint of a sore throat and slight cough. I like to attribute my good fortune to the flu shot. :D

The kids ok now? This isnt anything to mess with if not.
Hope they are over it.

I hate to say it, but every time I got a flu shot I ended up getting the flu that year. I understand that the shot is usually designed to cover the most likely "bad" strains out there that are expected to hit our shores, guess I got the ones they didn't cover. Oddly enough, the years I didn't bother to get the shot I've been fine and sailed through. I suppose with kids around you are better off getting the shot since they tend to bring home the creeping crud from friends, school, etc.

It was common to contract at least a mild case of the flu when they used a modified live virus as a vaccine, but now they use a killed virus. The tamaflu is still a modified live virus, but not the shot.
A bigger concern We had is the mercury that is used as a preserver and the fact it is accumulative.
I still have a feeling many flu's are designed and released by men, not naturally evolving so much. And deliberetly released. I am also suspect of the vaccine manufacturers, but we still take them. We Went a lot of years without taking them though.
There will be a mass kill off of humans in the not so distant future.
Either naturally or man made but
a huge vacancy will come via another route.
That is just simple fact via logic.
Either that or man will end up canabalizing itself. I am avoiding saying what my christian beliefs are, but am ultimately not concerned with what the world does to itself, but only to what evil does to this country and its effect on us and our children and grandchildren in the near future.
We fight that without reservation.
The meek will inherit the earth, but that contrary to belief is not a good thing. God was never meek.
Ok I tried but no other way to state it.

I know many don't want to hear this, but get the flu shot, Had this thing since Christmas eve.
It is hell on wheels this year. Hate to think what it would be had we not got the shot.
Worst I have had since the 50's

Also got the shot and still got the crud. Christmas Eve for me, too. Never had a worse sore throat in my life.

There will be a mass kill off of humans in the not so distant future.
Either naturally or man made but a huge vacancy will come via another route.
That is just simple fact via logic.

Not sure if this will happen soon or even in my lifetime, but the planets do seem to be in alignment so there is a strong potential. Guaranteed that densely populated areas that can't provide their own food, fuel, etc., won't be among the survivors. I won't be among the long term survivors as I am insulin dependent and it won't be available to the likes of me when it happens. I will do what I can as long as I can to take of those I love and give them the best shot. I do not fear death as I have seen the other side.

Not sure if this will happen soon or even in my lifetime, but the planets do seem to be in alignment so there is a strong potential. Guaranteed that densely populated areas that can't provide their own food, fuel, etc., won't be among the survivors. I won't be among the long term survivors as I am insulin dependent and it won't be available to the likes of me when it happens. I will do what I can as long as I can to take of those I love and give them the best shot. I do not fear death as I have seen the other side.

Thats all most can do. Try.

I have never gotten flu shots. Until today. The data my wife (ER nurse) receives, plus info and observations from her, tells me the H1N1 out there this year is way more serious than what we have experienced in past years. Even though I'm not in a high-risk group it seemed prudent to get it this year. Now my plan is to avoid as much public contact as possible, and hide out for the next two weeks while waiting for the immunity to kick in.

so let me get this right you first posters got the flu shot then got sick but you are saying that it would be worse had you not got the shot?

so either #1 the shot made you sick
or
#2 it did nothing and you got sick anyway
or
#3 it made you think that you could still get the flu that it was suposed to stop you from getting,,,,,,,,

so let me get this right you first posters got the flu shot then got sick but you are saying that it would be worse had you not got the shot?

or
or
#3 it made you think that you could still get the flu that it was suposed to stop you from getting,,,,,,,,

It was a few weeks after the shot. The shot strengthens your system so the symptoms are not as severe as they could have been without it. It does not keep you from getting it. Also it only covers the 3 strains they think might hit on a best guess hunch, so yeah it is not a sure thing. What I was saying if it is a sample of what we could have got, The full blown version may just do you in.

or
or

Just a heads up. Don't get it if you don't want it. No one is twisting anyones. arm.
Another thought.
Have you thought about funeral insurance to help out your family ? :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top