JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was a few weeks after the shot. The shot strengthens your system so the symptoms are not as severe as they could have been without it. It does not keep you from getting it. Also it only covers the 3 strains they think might hit on a best guess hunch, so yeah it is not a sure thing. What I was saying if it is a sample of what we could have got, The full blown version may just do you in.

so you were led to beleive that it does not stop the flu it just help to slow it down,,,,,,,,,,,,think about that
if it were the same with the polio vacine does it slow it down? or stop it? if you say slow it down like the flu vacine you would be wrong , but then why do most ALL vacine keep you from getting sic yet the flu shot just slows it down? i mean WTF

Just a heads up. Don't get it if you don't want it. No one is twisting anyones. arm.
Another thought.
Have you thought about funeral insurance to help out your family ? :s0155:
why? we dont get shots and we dont get sick,,,

Many who take the shot get the flu, and it weakens your immune system badly
some say worse

The flu shot doesn't do a damn thing.

do you mean it does not stop it or that it will not cause anything?

i have had the flu about 4 times in my 45 year old life and 5 years ago when i was offered the flu shot for free through work i said sure WTH
guess what in ONE DAY i had ALL the flu symptoms all at once so um yea never got a shot again and never been sick

I got a flu shot in '87 whilst stationed in Germany... Got sick as a dog for two days (although was still standing) most others in my unit were dead in bed for 3-5 days. That was the last time I EVER got a flu shot, and since then I think I've had the flu maybe twice since then, and was only down for a day or two in each episode... so NO FLU SHOT FOR ME, EVER.

I've been blessed with a very robust immune system my whole life, and still going strong @ just a stone's throw from 50.

I got a flu shot in '87 whilst stationed in Germany... Got sick as a dog for two days (although was still standing) most others in my unit were dead in bed for 3-5 days. That was the last time I EVER got a flu shot, and since then I think I've had the flu maybe twice since then, and was only down for a day or two in each episode... so NO FLU SHOT FOR ME, EVER.

I've been blessed with a very robust immune system my whole life, and still going strong @ just a stone's throw from 50.

Yep the dosage they give is not designed to totally stop the flu, it is designed to let you build up some immunity and allow your body to have the antigens to fight it. With the kinds of flu that are going around and getting worse each year, it is a matter of time til some that do not get it will wish they had. I have a damned strong immune system, but a little assist doesn't hurt.
To each their own choice. :D

I hate to say it, but every time I got a flu shot I ended up getting the flu that year. I understand that the shot is usually designed to cover the most likely "bad" strains out there that are expected to hit our shores, guess I got the ones they didn't cover. Oddly enough, the years I didn't bother to get the shot I've been fine and sailed through. I suppose with kids around you are better off getting the shot since they tend to bring home the creeping crud from friends, school, etc.

Sounds similar to me, I've had the flu more often after getting flu shots than the years that I didn't, so I don't bother anymore, and haven't had the flu in years. Had some minor colds, but no flu.

It's the reaction of your body to the vaccine that creates the resistance (antibodies) to the flu.
Depending on the vaccine, what it does is help you develop the defenses (antibodies) to whatever (measles, polio, etc.).
It is kind of like training the body to recognize the enemy.
Flu viruses evolve very fast so your mileage may vary according to what you are exposed to.

Saying that.
Having an opinion on science ideas.....
When you get your science fact from politicians and pundits, without any understanding of scientists or the science, is why we have the kind of arguments we have in political discourse. :s0131:

Also got the shot and still got the crud. Christmas Eve for me, too. Never had a worse sore throat in my life.

Easy to get rid of the sore throat with a zinc tablet. Take one each day with food you don't need more than 5 days. Last strep throat I had, I started taking zinc the first sign of sickness &
my throat felt fine. My Dr couldn't believe it.

Hey Taku, feeling better? I've noticed you're not near as ornery when you're off your feed. Its been way to quiet around here since you took ill. Get well soon.

Yup and just as pizzed at the leftists as before :D
Takes a hell of a lot more than bugs to knock me down.
Just makes me feel like crap and meaner...:D:D

I have to say I get sick every time I get a shot I did twice and got sick, my whole life got the flu once with no shots.
Take shots then got flu twice.

My mental math tells me, that for me they are useless and my immune system does a better job then shots.

When your body builds antigens, there are similar symptoms to the virus you are being immunized to, that is natural.
In the beginning a live virus was used, but now, except for tamaflu, a killed virus is used. They no longer use a modified live virus.
Symptoms are there, but not the same as getting the actual flu.
We worked many years trying to get approval for the rabies vaccine for wolfdogs and wolves and learned a great deal about immunization.
With the modified live an animal can break and actually catch rabies, but with the killed vaccine they cannot, but the USDA refused to approve the vaccine for them more out of stubbornness and control than fact.
We gave the shots anyway, as they DO work. Our vet was pretty cool about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top