JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
America is turning into the old USSR!

"BUY BACK" my butt! I felt sick when I saw this.
<broken link removed>

I'm going to go hug my gun and cry for America now. :bsflag:

Don't cry for America. The good guys are winning!

The feel-good libs are melting down 2,000 guns in this event. They have one or two or three events each year. What's that, about 6,000 guns melted annually, tops?

There are probably 200 million guns in private hands in this country, and a million more are sold every year. The math is in our favor.

What these clowns are really doing is making themselves feel better by destroying guns turned in by the following:

1. Confused old widows who don't know that dearly-departed Grandpa's WWII bring-back collection is worth $20,000.

2. Enterprising gun guys who turn in 10 Bryco jam-o-matics that they bought for $20 each in return for the $50 (or whatever) gift card that they get for each gun turned in.

3. Gang scum who want to get rid of the piece that they used to kill other gang scum and who don't want to get nabbed with a gun that can be linked to a murder. (Honestly, how can an anonymous gun buy-back even be considered legal? I guess if the cops want it bad enough, anything is legal.)

Nothing to worry too much about. The real Americans, those who believe in the liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, will never turn their guns over to the state under any circumstances.

Sad to say, but each time an old Winchester lever or Colt SAA gets turned in by clueless family members, and it gets to the smelter, mine go up in value.
I'd like to think "knowledgeable" police officers rummage through the pile to scoop out anything of value before they send it off to the smelter. Can you imagine the cops melting down irreplaceable old Winchesters, Martins and Colts? I can't even go there! :s0058:

Well, it IS a voluntary program, and so no one is forcing anyone to turn theirs in. That part is good.... no force of law. Of course, the media LOVE this sort of thing..... "here's an assault weapon"... no, it was a semi auto rifle with a handgrip. NOT an assault weapon. 9mm pistol? So what..... "keeping them out of the hands of criminals".. as if ALL those guns would end up in their hands anyway. The media scare tactics are the real sick aspect of this report.

I recently watched an interview with a man who had been on the Los Angeles County Sheriff's force for 26 years....... involved closely with firearms work, he said they'd confiscated some fifty thousand guns involved in crime, illegal possession, raids of folks wanted on felony charges..... and in all those years, all those guns, he never ONCE found a full-auto weapon of any type..... not ONE of the AK and AR style guns was full auto, converted or otherwise. Yet the media persist in promoting the idea that we've got an "assault weapon" problem.

Maybe now the "good people" of southern California can sleep a bit better at night, now knowing two thousand firearms have been turned into rebar for building...... and that they've paid out some ridiculous sum to the surrendering keepers of those arms. Hmm... that rebar will be VERY high quality stuff, having been made from the good alloys found in firearms.....

and yes, such an anonymous turnin program WILL be illegal, as BATF regulations insist on the FFL Dealer transfer paperwork showing the disposition of such arms... by serial number. California's Reichlaws prohibit non-dealer mediated transfers of ANY type..... I doubt the LAPD is a FFL Dealer...... oh well, if the idiots down there want to surrender their guns, let them. Maybe someday they'll figure out they're defenseless.... the police certainly won't have funding to continue their "work" indefinitely. And if the cops can't do it, who will? Oh, just curious, that's all.......

i like how they say at the end we r taking illegal weapons of the street and put to a better use. who the heck said they were all illegal, those were all junk guns anyway, to heck with california.

[QUOTE And if the cops can't do it, who will? Oh, just curious, that's all.......[/QUOTE]

I will. I'll even pick them up at your door. Who wants to give me thier guns. I'll buy you lunch. Lol.

Hey there is a idea the Northwest Firearms gun buy back program we could give 20 walmart giftcard for every gun turned into us and then raffle for them back to us, you would get a raffle ticket for each walmart giftcard you donated to the project.

Hey, I think Parsons is on to something..... oh, wait... this could be considered a "transfer", and each gun "voluntarily submitted" would have to be transferred by a FFL Dealer.... and again when it is auctioned off to our members.

Funny, how the cops can do stuff that for anyone else would be illegal....

as to that being voluntary, and the "YET" response... you DO have a point..... make a bunch of dummies think they're doing themselves and everyone else a "favor" by turning in their scrapmetal guns..... then when its time to come round looking up EVERYONE"S guns and no option, there will certainly be a precedent established... "see, we turned in OUR guns, and nothing happened to US". To which I would say "YET..... wait.....see.....".

Ugly business, whenever a precedent of surrendering arms is established. Don't want them in the house anymore? Put it on Gunbroker..... let someone else buy it who WANTS it.....

I still think the "stupid farmers with their laughable squirrel guns" had it right..... The Brits said "hand them over" and they said "come get them.... lead first". Who was it laughing at Yorktown, now? Was it the "stupid farmers with their laughable squirrel guns" or was it Lord Cornwallis' fine fancy fellows who had the finest weapons in the world, marched in perfect formation, had the whole of the British Empire behind them..... oh, right it was the hayseeds and hicks. The ones kept their guns against orders......

And if the cops can't do it, who will? Oh, just curious, that's all.......

I will. I'll even pick them up at your door. Who wants to give me thier guns. I'll buy you lunch. Lol.

And once you've given away all of those "useless" guns I will be happy to "dispose" of all of the ammunition that you no longer need. And since I am such a giver I'll even do it for you FREE of CHARGE!!! :s0155: :D

Oh and since I recycle you need not worry about all that brass left lying around the ground either! BONUS!! :D

Last Edited:
Has to be 9 years ago now my buddy and I saw a tv add for a gun turn in at a Fred Meyer in Portland. We stood outside the turn in and bought a few guns off people coming to turn them in. we had bills of sale all made out, just had to fill in the blanks. we gave them $100 per gun, which beat the $40 fred meyer gift certificate. My big scores were a colt argentine contract 1911, and my friend got a pre 64 model 70 30/06. the police came and gave us a hard time but since we had bills of sale, all they could do was ask us to leave at fred meyers request. we decided not to push our luck and leave.
we tried this one more time at another turn in, everything that came past us was pure garbage, lots of broken guns and rust piles. guess we just lucked out the first time,

They call it a "BUY BACK" as if the police SOLD them the guns in the first place.

All this is is Mental Masturb....Well,, you know. It's just stroking the Liberals feelers.
It's all BS. And I have wondered myself how an annonomouse buyback is even legal.
I wonder how may criminal cases there are that won't be solved because the stupid LA Cops just melted down the evidence???? DUH! STUPID! BRAINLESS!

How can people really be this dumb????

I wonder how may criminal cases there are that won't be solved because the stupid LA Cops just melted down the evidence???? DUH! STUPID! BRAINLESS!

How can people really be this dumb????

easy---- they have allowed their brains to be turned into oatmeal by watching 30.4 hours of media programming per week..... for most of their lives. Have lost capacity to THINK and REASON (don't use it, you'll lose it.... a sure thing.....)

And, what wasn't turned to oatmeal by the media has surely been done by our "guvmint skewls" wherein they've been duped, drugged, dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, faithfully programmed to be functional model citizens, doing what they're told without question, on the assurance they'll get their paycheck right on time. Oh, and for good measure, we the guvmint will assure your every need is met...... as long as you cooperate.
Sheesh, I'd rather a gun be put to their heads. At least then it will be obvious what's on.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top