Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This Weekends Gun Show

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Teamowner, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Teamowner

Teamowner Vancouver, Wa. Member

So do you think this coming weekends gun show at the Expo center wii actually have any merchandise on the tables to sell? Ammo ,Ar's , AK's , handguns, ? Shirts, perfume, dream catchers, dolls, figurines.? hahaha

2. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

There is a gun show at the Clark County Fair Grounds free parking $8 admission Sat-Sun should be a good show probably not alot of Black Rifle Stuff But Ill have a few on my table.

Benihaus and (deleted member) like this.
  3. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

I'll go for entertainment sake. Everything will be overpriced to say the least.

EDIT: I JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA!!! I'll take my AR and see how high of a price I can get for it. Then post my findings. This will be fun.

parallax and (deleted member) like this.
  4. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

andreys21 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. mcpoo

mcpoo Columbia County New Member

I understand that ammo will be overpriced at the Gun show, but where else can one get a better deal on a good volume of ammo (7.62x39) without doing it "on the books"?

Thanks,

Mcpoo

6. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about? Is this some kind of code or maybe you're just inebriated?

mcpoo and (deleted member) like this.
  7. i3izzy

i3izzy FG, OR Active Member

I think he doesn't want a paper trail because he wants to pay cash

8. mcpoo

Correct i3izzy! Thanks for clarifying.

I should not have said "doing it" and "ammo" in the same post - got Reggie all flustered =)

9. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I'll pass. Be watching football instead.

RICKRWS and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Mastershakelock

Mastershakelock Medford Member

From the few experiences I've had at gun shows over the past year I'll be staying at home browsing online for gun-deal's that are priced half way accurately. I haven't seen one gun show deal that I couldn't pay at least 20-30% less to have it shipped to my doorstep or FFL. Nothing but fear buying going on and dealers taking advantage of those who didn't get their guns and gear before the panic buying. Not even worth your time and effort at this point unless your in the unfortunate position of having no guns at all, few options left, and more money than common sense.

11. mcpoo

Is it too paranoid to not want to buy ammo online? You guys with experience worried about this? I'm very responsible and conscientious and have no rational reason to worry. It just seems to be getting kind of spooky out there and I don't want to be called a Red when the next McCarthy is elected.

How much money is anonymity worth?

12. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No need for me to go - not as long as I have Willamette Valley Arms in my backyard :) Great little shop. He refused to participate in the overpricing craze even to the point of turning away cash waving buyers wanting to buy everything on a rack.

13. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

People who think like you should stick to BB guns.
    C'mon get real.

14. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Right idea there:thumbup: I will be doing the same thing oh and also drinking a beer;) or two:laugh: who needs a gun show to see over priced guns we have the classifieds right here on the forum.....

15. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the Expo but if there's one at the fairgrounds I'm there! Need to find another Mosin and some parts.

See you tomorrow Cycle!

16. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

I'm planning on checking it out, being as I have to take the wife to Ikea, I figured I'd take a look since we'll be up there. Would be appreciated if anyone who shows up early to post whether it was worth the time or not though.

17. mcpoo

Thanks Reg,

Appreciate your witty repartee'. Guess there's no reason to even discuss it? Admittedly I'm a greenhorn here, but this is an arena to hash out gun-related questions. People who think like me want to hear your opinion. I'm trying to learn from the forum and to make informed choices that's all. No joke, this time last year I didn't even own a BB gun...

18. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Maybe, but I respect your approach from the perspective of always preserving as much privacy as possible. However, I don't think you have any worries about buying ammo online.

No. What is the scenario?

Gov't bans possession of ammo? Very unlikely. Perhaps ban the sale or put a high tax on (though I think that's a pretty remote chance).

Beyond that...if they ever did...do you think the government is going to spend the time to go through years of online vendor receipts, send agents to your house, etc.?

There's an awful lot of ammo I bought online that I no longer have because, well, I shot it :)

We'd have to have a very totalitarian (e.g., Communist) government in place before you had the Secret Police breaking down doors to find out if you still have that box of 7.62x39 surplus you bought five years ago.

19. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

I'll pass. I don't feel like paying to see overinflated prices, long lines, and crappy food.

20. Benihaus

Benihaus Portland American

pay $30 in gas, parking, and entry to watch mall ninja gun grabbers that suddenly think they need to have 50 mags and "the military look" and are willing to spend their kids college funds on piss built AR-15s that they will, without a doubt bring up to the gravel pit at browns camp with 100 rounds, shoot rocks 20 feet away and then post about their "zombie training"? sounds like fun, but Im gonna stay home, load some .45 and wait for those same clowns to go away.... which will happen in a few months and prices will go back to normal + probably 10%

soberups and (deleted member) like this.