JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Barry has his way, we won't need pilots anymore. He'll just use drones as it " makes him really good at killing people" according to his words.

Look at the numbers that the military has been reduced to and from 600 ships to a bit over 200.
He is putting up the Attack America sign.
This is over the top.

I hear you Taku,

and we're already under attack....open borders, open arms to radicals, zero enforcement by the DOJ or any other ABC agencies. Not to mention the best military commanders we ever had have been fired or force to retire and replaced with morons hand selected by this inept administration.

I hear you Taku,

and we're already under attack....open borders, open arms to radicals, zero enforcement by the DOJ or any other ABC agencies. Not to mention the best military commanders we ever had have been fired or force to retire and replaced with morons hand selected by this inept administration.

Talk to anyone that's currently serving about what they think of "The commander in Chief" or anyone in the White house and there's one thing they all agree on,"We ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING" Hell the Government can't even handle a natural disasters or closing borders let alone any problems on US soil. , What do you thinks looming on the horizon with the New administration, "Kick them when their down" Guys being medical-ed out because there is not a current war to fight, would have been kept and sent back to fight but now will be put out to pasture in the great military downsize, Hey maybe they will send their weapons to the cartels, N aah that couldn't happen could it? Not on Holders watch!

How can we be weak militarily when we spend more on our military than all other countries combined?

The US would rank near the bottom on almost all the other declining items like manufacturing, and our financial statement I know that part.

But about the only thing we have anymore that is #1 is our military. No one, outside of ridiculous propaganda, is a threat to the US militarily.

We are an economically bankruptcy nation still running around the globe with a billy club like all is well. Doesn't make any sense at all.

To say that ANY cutbacks in the military are foolish or dangerous seems a little odd. As this Titanic of an economy slowly sinks into the abyss it seems the one thing we shouldn't be spending trillions on is supporting the military/industrial complex even further.

Personally, I would rather see all the trillions in printed monopoly money help middle class Americans, rebuild our infrastructure, and a thousand other things first. Or at least postpone the eventually slide to a Zimbabwean/Weimar reality here in the US. Chasing goat herders around Afghanistan while protecting the drug trade isn't where I want my tax dollars to go. Maybe I am alone in that thought.

I do understand that our bombs are being used to protect the Ponzi dollar though and my selfish/evil side understands that part. I want the status quo to continue as long as possible myself. So I am conflicted, but I see nothing wrong with military cutbacks. We need 700 military bases all over the globe like we need a third boob.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

That is not what the article is saying. The article points out that half of the one Trillion in cuts this administration made were in the military. We spend $ to keep bases active around the world in support of our allied nations, to deny terrorists an open training facility in Afghanistan and enable the locals to defend themselves from the Taliban. (at least I thought that was the goal)

I don't think it is healthy to throw our hands up, declare that all is lost, give up on America, and adopt a so why try attitude. I am not that much of a defeatist. You seem to be advocating that the U.S. should become isolationist. That we should chuck the NATO and SEATO agreements with the European and let those countries fend for themselves. That is what we did after WW1, and it didn't work out too well for us then, I doubt that ignoring the world and its threats would serve us or our allies well today.

Wait, so we need a strong military but the general sentiment on this forum is we need the 2nd Amendment to protect us from the military? Or is it something else?

I actually prefer a weak military (at this point) with what has to happen to restore our liberty.. every disenfranchised soldier is a potential recruit in that endeavor

Wait, so we need a strong military but the general sentiment on this forum is we need the 2nd Amendment to protect us from the military? Or is it something else?

The 2A is to protect us from a tyrannical government, and its forces. the 2A does not limit the people from owning weapons comparable to that of the military, it was expected that they would.

The Dick Act or Militia Act of 1903, defined the organized and unorganized militia..."The Dick Act also defines the ‘‘unorganized militia.'' The unorganized militia is all able-bodied men between 17 and 44 years of age who are United States citizens (or ‘‘have made a declaration of intention to become
citizens''), and who do not belong to the organized militia. 10 U.S.C. §311(a), (b)(2). They are subject to call-up by the federal government in order to ‘‘execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections [or] repel Invasions,'' under the Constitution's Militia Clauses. (Clause 15 of Article I, sect. 8 is the "Calling Forth" clause. Clause 16 grants Congress the power to organize, arm, and discipline the militia.)" The unorganized militia is essentially defined as anyone not a member of the organized militia, i.e. National Guard.

A strong military is necessary to defend the nation and a strong, well armed militia is needed to support that effort.

If there are doubts about the 2A and its necessity, may I suggest the following reading...The Nazi Regime in Germany

The 2A is to protect us from a tyrannical government, and its forces. the 2A does not limit the people from owning weapons comparable to that of the military, it was expected that they would.

The Dick Act or Militia Act of 1903, defined the organized and unorganized militia..."The Dick Act also defines the ‘‘unorganized militia.'' The unorganized militia is all able-bodied men between 17 and 44 years of age who are United States citizens (or ‘‘have made a declaration of intention to become
citizens''), and who do not belong to the organized militia. 10 U.S.C. §311(a), (b)(2). They are subject to call-up by the federal government in order to ‘‘execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections [or] repel Invasions,'' under the Constitution's Militia Clauses. (Clause 15 of Article I, sect. 8 is the "Calling Forth" clause. Clause 16 grants Congress the power to organize, arm, and discipline the militia.)" The unorganized militia is essentially defined as anyone not a member of the organized militia, i.e. National Guard.

A strong military is necessary to defend the nation and a strong, well armed militia is needed to support that effort.

If there are doubts about the 2A and its necessity, may I suggest the following reading...The Nazi Regime in Germany

You missed my point. Blitz, you did not.

We are 17 TRILLION DOLLARS in DEBT... we can no longer afford to be the worlds police - that is just a fact. We have to scale back our global presence, the smart way to go about this is to begin methodically transferring security duties to our allies where we can. Europe is a good place to start.

Oz is to the left at the Y and real world to the right. :D
Back up a little and take that right.
We support our military, but not the comm in chief. The majority of the military is coming to that conclusion as well.

You guys need to see the big picture.
Any military is just a tool of those pulling the strings. Like saying you're never going to go to the dentist again because you have crappy dental insurance...its not the dentists fault, its the string pullers at your health provider.

Having a small military opens the US, our service people and our interests anywhere on the globe to an attack. When we suffer any attack what's the knee-jerk reaction? Usually its a loss of our civil liberties here at home. The NSA is currently spying on US citizens at home because of "goat herders" attacking our bases in the Middle East. If we continue to pare down our military and a big attack comes on US soil, it might just be the push this administration needs to declare Marshal Law...then the foreign troops with DHS can swoop in.

Other than to enrich the military contractors and politicians that receive donations from the contractor and those who enlist due to needing a job . We waste way too much money on the military. War with out profit is a waste.

Oz is to the left at the Y and real world to the right. :D
Back up a little and take that right.
We support our military, but not the comm in chief. The majority of the military is coming to that conclusion as well.

I don't care for O bomber and I only support the military because of the Taxes I pay. Lots of money spent for no return.

Other than to enrich the military contractors and politicians that receive donations from the contractor and those who enlist due to needing a job . We waste way too much money on the military. War with out profit is a waste.

Our military is not a for profit thing ?????? It is a security thing.....
Where did that for profit come from?
The only people profiting are contractors and politicians.... for misuse of the military.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top