JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, if you are like most around here, you will probably end up checking it multiple times a day. I know what you mean though, I should have gone to bed a long time ago!! Enjoy!

:s0155:

Here it is for me. This site is about freedom. Specifically the 2nd amendment. I own guns love guns, but hold the 1st amendment even higher, which is why I disagree with this sites choice to down play curse words. Now I don't own the site, its a private site, and I respect that, even though I disagree. I believe a forum like this is a good one, however, because those of you reading this are educated enough and thoughtful enough to understand our rights and how important they are. I also believe those rights do transcend boarders. I believe all men and women have these rights no matter their nationality, no matter the color of their skin . I know I shouldn't preach to the choir, and I do, here, but I preach elsewhere as well.

I am an Atheist Libertarian. I believe you have the right to do what you want, have sex with whom you want, and put anything in your body you want. Its free will and even a christian should be able to understand that one.

At the end of the day I may be offended by your choice, I may hate you, and I may be angry, but I will never go after you, I will respect your right to choice, with one exception. You don't hurt anyone else doing what you do.

I own guns love guns, but hold the 1st amendment even higher, which is why I disagree with this sites choice to down play curse words.
I have not spoken publicly in the forum about this topic before now, but that is the very reason I have withdrawn myself from active conversation on this forum (with very few exceptions). I do not mind restricting blatant vulgarity but the almost puritan level of censorship of text without context and some heavy handed board monitoring techniques was a bit much for my tastes...but since this is not my forum I will just continue to be personally disappointed and accept the fact that is the way it is here. Maybe things will change in time. It has been disheartening to see the board become little more than a buy and sell board with so many people choosing to no longer participate.

I have not spoken publicly in the forum about this topic before now, but that is the very reason I have withdrawn myself from active conversation on this forum (with very few exceptions). I do not mind restricting blatant vulgarity but the almost puritan level of censorship of text without context and some heavy handed board monitoring techniques was a bit much for my tastes...but since this is not my forum I will just continue to be personally disappointed and accept the fact that is the way it is here. Maybe things will change in time. It has been disheartening to see the board become little more than a buy and sell board with so many people choosing to no longer participate.

This site is this site. I admire you for expressing yourself, but ownership is key to freedom. This site has every right to censor because it is privately owned. In my house or apartment rather if offend me to a point I will ask you to leave. And thats why ownership is so important. I have a right to exclude you from the things that I own. Now granted, you in my house can say a lot, but it is different from house to house. respecting ownership is key in respecting individual rights and without it we have no rights.

It's hard to beleive by our past conversations that we actually are in agreement on something! :s0155:

I don't make the rules here but I will abide by them.

How does any of your guys talking have anything to do with the topic of this thread?

Anyways... Welcome to the site tomsburton and please enjoy your stay. Contribute to the discussions as much as you can and "abuse" the knowledge base! It's always great to have new member!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews