JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Busted! ThinkProgress uses deceptive photo to make gun rights activists look threatening | Twitchy

This is sad but not surprising.

BYzDxSWCQAENPXg.jpg

With some people The Ends Always Justify The Means.
Those who are anti gun seem to have a greater than average percentage of people willing to do whatever they can to advance their agenda (including being dishonest).
I don't like dishonesty even if its used to promote something that I agree with. I wonder why there isn't an outcry from anti gunners who abhor this type of "any means necessary" politics.

And all they want is an "honest dialogue" and "common sense"... *shake my head*

There are so many publications out there these days that we don't have to compromise and put up with a "half-right" news source.

There's the problem concisely. It's not a 'news source' if it is sharing things that are incorrect. That's my big problem with American news media. It's there to entertain and get good ratings. If you go overseas, you usually find some better journalism. BBC isn't bad, RT and Isvestia are OK, Al Jazeera English is excellent, and Haaretz is very good as well, though generally has a more regional focus.

Its true that we've blurred the line between News and Commentary, but that's not always a bad thing. If there's a story that I don't care about enough to research myself than its nice to have the opinion of someone who has. However, if the commentator doesn't have any integrity then anything they say is suspect.

Having a strictly News outlet as well as multiple news/commentary sources would be ideal. That's what the AP was supposed to be.

Its true that we've blurred the line between News and Commentary, but that's not always a bad thing. If there's a story that I don't care about enough to research myself than its nice to have the opinion of someone who has. However, if the commentator doesn't have any integrity then anything they say is suspect.

Having a strictly News outlet as well as multiple news/commentary sources would be ideal. That's what the AP was supposed to be.

Unfortunately, the AP has slipped. AFP is still pretty good, but Reuters has just gotten far too British.

I think the problem is that raw news has fallen out of vogue. It used to be that you turned on the tv, and there was an anchor reading news reports. Occasionally they had someone in the field reporting. But now, everything is just rival commentators who look like they're ten seconds away from turning into ancient Roman gladiators. If you get actual news, people get bored.

Not a lot of people here care about Serbs on trial for war crimes or a contaminated beef epidemic in the UK, and that's exactly the sort of raw news I've seen on AJE. Instead, we want to hear about wars on Christmas, pop stars in rehab, missing white girls, and a whole bunch of drivel.

And if you're like me and just want the raw stories that matter, then you're weird.

Unfortunately, the AP has slipped. AFP is still pretty good, but Reuters has just gotten far too British.

I think the problem is that raw news has fallen out of vogue. It used to be that you turned on the tv, and there was an anchor reading news reports. Occasionally they had someone in the field reporting. But now, everything is just rival commentators who look like they're ten seconds away from turning into ancient Roman gladiators. If you get actual news, people get bored.

Not a lot of people here care about Serbs on trial for war crimes or a contaminated beef epidemic in the UK, and that's exactly the sort of raw news I've seen on AJE. Instead, we want to hear about wars on Christmas, pop stars in rehab, missing white girls, and a whole bunch of drivel.

And if you're like me and just want the raw stories that matter, then you're weird.

luke, I'm proud to say we agree on a point 100%...yay!

You are so spot on regarding the news today.....spend time overseas in any country and you'll see better, more in-depth news coverage about America than we get.

luke, I'm proud to say we agree on a point 100%...yay!

You are so spot on regarding the news today.....spend time overseas in any country and you'll see better, more in-depth news coverage about America than we get.

Sign of the end times? ;)

What really got me was that when I first went off to college (Georgetown), I was really heavily reliant on US media. Got a lot of stuff from Fox and CNN, and took it all seriously. While there, I learned a lot more about the middle east, and I found that if you look at AJE or Haaretz, you actually get some really good coverage.

From there it just expanded until I realized American media wants my money, and that's it.

Sign of the end times? ;)

What really got me was that when I first went off to college (Georgetown), I was really heavily reliant on US media. Got a lot of stuff from Fox and CNN, and took it all seriously. While there, I learned a lot more about the middle east, and I found that if you look at AJE or Haaretz, you actually get some really good coverage.

From there it just expanded until I realized American media wants my money, and that's it.

I find that if I blend RT America, AJE, ITN, Reuters, with some of the US news I can get some semblance of reality and truth.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top