JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently someone posted on another thread how there's been a lot first time buyers in the market. The discussion centered around the fact that because of panic buying, those new to the shooting sport are unable to obtain rifles (mostly), ammuntion, and reloading supplies. The result could lead to first timers becoming disinterested in the sport/hobby because nothing is available to get them involved now.

Since we're deep into this crappy position, there's still a lot that you can do to prepare for the time when prices and inventory eventually return to normal levels -- assuming that sweeping restrictions are not put into place.

Back in the 90's when I got into the sport, we were experiencing a period of low supply, I had to turn to obtaining most of the things on the following list to get me ahead of the curve in anticipation of normal market conditions/supply.

Hearing protection
Scope
Spotting scope
Range finder
Binoculars
Bipod
Ammo/Utility cans
Cleaning solvents, oils, patches, etc.
Backpack/range bags
Shooting mat
Water containers
Gun safe
Gun case

If you're wanting to get into reloading but can't find bullets, powders, or primers:
Reloading guides (published by bullet or powder manufacturer)
Press
Scale
Bullet puller
Case trimmer
Dial caliper
Chronograph
Tripod
Bench - if you're handy you can make one custom for yourself

All these things can be had during times of low supply (rifles/ammo). You may as well get a start acquiring these things if you can.

Another thing to consider is ammo conservation -- if you've been used to blasting through hundreds of rounds of ammo on a range visit, spend some time doing slow fire, concentrating on basic marksmanship fundamenals, mag change drills, weak side shooting, use of cover, etc.

I hope this helps.

Not sure if I missed it, but I would add get some training/ go to a range that rents firearms. You can have a really good time at a good safety and or tactical training class.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top