JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No charges in 'sloppy' SWAT raid that maimed baby

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/no-charges-in-sloppy-swat-raid-that-maimed-baby/

And they won't even pay the hospital bill.

habersham-baby.jpg

In 90% of all LE work, I support them.
But in cases like the few were hearing about lately it is the definition of
"Jack Booted Thugs" and it is the result of the continual ramping up
of militarization of the LE in this country.
That needs to come to a stop. a full out brakes on stop.

They do not just target the bad guys anymore, they target anyone between
them and the bad guys even when there are no bad guys present.

."
Sheriff Joey Terrell told WND a few days after the incident that the raid was "an accident."

Mawuli Davis, the attorney for the Phonesavanh family, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution the family was "devastated" to learn no criminal charges would be brought.

Now think about this. If you or my actions result in injuries or death of someone we are held fully accountable, but LE seldom is so they feel immune and are not careful about any of it.
It won't stop until they are held accountable.

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE INCIDENTS THAT THERE CAN BE NO EXCUSE FOR. THEY WERE TOLD THERE WAS A CHILD IN THERE BEFORE THEY THREW THAT GRENAGE.

Last Edited:
That is some serious BS. If it was "an accident" then why the hell are they not footing the bill. I hate lawyers but I would lawyer up with them even admitting it was an accident...make sure the baby is set for life. No doubt they would settle.

Thanks for bringing light to stories such as this Taku. This made me and the wife sick and angry. There must be accountabilty for incidents such as this and I hope a lawyer worth his salt steps up to defend this poor family and shed light on the ignorance/arrogance of the department.

Last Edited:
When I read this first, last year... On another forum, there were call outs to take down that SWAT TEAM!!!!

While I find their actions Repulsive & Illegal, I ask, what can we, in the PNW do?

If this happened in Lane County.... I would be outside the S.O. SWAT location... And protesting...

Segue, .... I find myself talking to a dotGOV over the phone ~frequently~ And often later talking to the person F2F. My stock statement to them is, "If I did my job in VietNam, like you do your job, I would have been Court Marshalled".... I can not change a government worker's position, but I can sure tell them, ( politely ) that their performance is equivalent to a Whale dropping feces.

I question how any person can continue in that job ( SWAT ) after such a grevious error???? Have they lost, what makes us HUMAN?

sadness,

philipism: do Correctly, that which you must do, or just sweep floors.

Thanks for bringing light to stories such as this Taku. This made me and the wife sick and angry. There must be accountabilty for incidents such as this and I hope a lawyer worth his salt steps up to defend this poor family and shed light on the ignorance/arrogance of the department.

The sick part of this one is the mother told then their baby was in the room and then they threw in the flash bang. They were not even in the right house, yet they are given a pass.

When I read this first, last year... On another forum, there were call outs to take down that SWAT TEAM!!!!

While I find their actions Repulsive & Illegal, I ask, what can we, in the PNW do?

If this happened in Lane County.... I would be outside the S.O. SWAT location... And protesting...

Segue, .... I find myself talking to a dotGOV over the phone ~frequently~ And often later talking to the person F2F. My stock statement to them is, "If I did my job in VietNam, like you do your job, I would have been Court Marshalled".... I can not change a government worker's position, but I can sure tell them, ( politely ) that their performance is equivalent to a Whale dropping feces.

I question how any person can continue in that job ( SWAT ) after such a grevious error???? Have they lost, what makes us HUMAN?

sadness,

philipism: do Correctly, that which you must do, or just sweep floors.

Yeah it happened 10/06/2014 but they still have not been held to account.

I first heard about this back in October and to this day I feel utter disgust for the actions of the officers and the lack of action from the judicial system.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top