JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Hurry up and vote?

• Yes - Lets get it on, done and over with

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • No - The more we stall the more likely things will be left well enough alone

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • Dunno - Could go either way

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Reactions
The emotional climax of the speech last night was on gun control with 'they deserve a vote'. I saw a lot of people on both sides of the isle giving a standing O to this concept and I also heard a commentary afterword saying 'it's the best he could do since AWB or magazine limits aren't likely to pass'.

Do we as a gun community want to hurry up and vote? The further we get from CT means we are less emotional and therefore less likely to further infringe on our rights. On the other hand getting the speculation done and over with will put stock back on the shelves faster.

What say you?

The emotional climax of the speech last night was on gun control with 'they deserve a vote'. I saw a lot of people on both sides of the isle giving a standing O to this concept and I also heard a commentary afterword saying 'it's the best he could do since AWB or magazine limits aren't likely to pass'.

Do we as a gun community want to hurry up and vote? The further we get from CT means we are less emotional and therefore less likely to further infringe on our rights. On the other hand getting the speculation done and over with will put stock back on the shelves faster.

What say you?

It's never a good idea to make decisions while emotion is clouding the thought process. Especially law.

I say wait it out, forever. :s0114:

If he wants to change the Constitution there is a process for that*. And it's not something he can do by excecutive order.

* - Caution: possible side effects reported include, heacache, nausea, civil war.

If a vote happens, we will end up with UBC's and possibly a 10 or so round mag limit. Both of which we DO NOT want, it would be backdoor gun registration and a 10 round limit is stupid; and I seldom load more than 10 rounds in my rifle mags.

An AWB will fail, (pretty darn sure it will fail), if a vote occurs it will put many Dem's in jeopardy come election day, I am sure that Obama was doing theatrics, but Reid does not want that vote to occur.

If you want to end the dem controlled senate vote now get the 7 dems up for re-election on record and reap the rewards in 2014 midterms. Its all Las Vegas anyway. Feds may not get anything done its our states that is of concern.

Let it ride for awhile. A vote closer to the 2014 elections would be better. There are a number of Democrat members of congress that are in states where the voters normally vote with the Democrats, but they feel strongly about their second ammendment rights. This is one of the reasons Obama is pushing for a vote now instead of later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top