Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

They deserve a vote

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kimber Custom, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

The emotional climax of the speech last night was on gun control with 'they deserve a vote'. I saw a lot of people on both sides of the isle giving a standing O to this concept and I also heard a commentary afterword saying 'it's the best he could do since AWB or magazine limits aren't likely to pass'.

Do we as a gun community want to hurry up and vote? The further we get from CT means we are less emotional and therefore less likely to further infringe on our rights. On the other hand getting the speculation done and over with will put stock back on the shelves faster.

What say you?

2. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I don't want a vote at all. If there must be vote then it needs to be as far in the future as possible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

3. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

It's never a good idea to make decisions while emotion is clouding the thought process. Especially law.

I say wait it out, forever. :laugh:

kumabear17 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

They deserve a "NO" vote to preserve their right to self defense!

5. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

6. 762pilot

762pilot Northwest New Member

In the spirit of our Constitution there should never be a vote.

Nutty4Guns and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

It's this kind of thing that makes me lean to wanting a vote so it can be voted down and put to rest. Then the panic buying goes away and in 6mo or so we can have .22's and powder again. Then again OC was voted in in the middle of the night and look how well that turned out.

8. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

If he wants to change the Constitution there is a process for that*. And it's not something he can do by excecutive order.

* - Caution: possible side effects reported include, heacache, nausea, civil war.

kumabear17 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

If a vote happens, we will end up with UBC's and possibly a 10 or so round mag limit. Both of which we DO NOT want, it would be backdoor gun registration and a 10 round limit is stupid; and I seldom load more than 10 rounds in my rifle mags.

An AWB will fail, (pretty darn sure it will fail), if a vote occurs it will put many Dem's in jeopardy come election day, I am sure that Obama was doing theatrics, but Reid does not want that vote to occur.

10. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

There should not be a vote, for two reasons:

1: The principle of the matter.
    2: the chance, even if unlikely (at this time), that the gun-grabbers could succeed.

11. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

If you want to end the dem controlled senate vote now get the 7 dems up for re-election on record and reap the rewards in 2014 midterms. Its all Las Vegas anyway. Feds may not get anything done its our states that is of concern.

12. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

What are we voting on?

13. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

14. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Let it ride for awhile. A vote closer to the 2014 elections would be better. There are a number of Democrat members of congress that are in states where the voters normally vote with the Democrats, but they feel strongly about their second ammendment rights. This is one of the reasons Obama is pushing for a vote now instead of later.

15. Luieburger

Luieburger El Paso, TX Member

These bills are unconstitutional, so no they do not deserve a vote. They don't even deserve to be introduced.

However, I can't wait to see these bills get slaughtered, so I am eager to hear the anti-gunners cry when these bills don't pass.

The bills at the state level are MUCH more scary. We must stop them any way that we can.