JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure we all know shopping on Gunbroker can be like walking through a dog run but every now and again you come across someone so blatantly spreading manure that it becomes funny. Check this one out

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=472150970

Up for auction, we have an important piece of WWII history -- a rifle owned by Reinhard Heydrich, "the man with the iron heart" who was third in command after Hitler and Himmler. The rifle is in excellent condition with no signs of rust. Bolt is matching and all pieces are in great working order. Reinhard Heydrich was a high-ranking German Nazi leader for the duration of World War II. Heydrich was the SS-Obergruppenführer (General) and General der Polizei, chief of the Reich Main Security Office (including the Gestapo, Kripo, and SD) and Stellvertretender Reichsprotektor (Deputy/Acting Reich-Protector) of Bohemia and Moravia. Heydrich was assassinated in 1942 by the Czech resistance after this rifle was issued to him. FFL required. No shipment to NY or CA.
[Information added 3/9/2015 12:48:14 AM]
Photograph #2 shows the name Heydrich on the inside of the butt plate. Paperwork has not been found for this rifle.

[Information added 3/9/2015 10:50:19 PM]
This rifle was inherited by me. It has taken much investigation to find out what it actually is. An expert has recently told me that it looks like an altered Kar98a manufactured from 1911-1918 possibly. Several decals and marks seem to be out of place on the rifle. Please view photographs and use your judgement. Thank everyone for their input on this piece. I am no expert but I know this rifle is a fine, interesting piece. Serious bidders only, please.

What a maroon!

Pshaw. That POC pales into total obscurity when compared with my matching pair [a left and a right] of P08 Luger pistols belonging to your first president, General George Washington. Even the grips, made of cherry wood, are ultra significant in themselves as they were made from the actual tree that he admitted chopping down. I even have a signed photograph of him shooting them.

Even these are secondary in my little collection when compared with Ben Franklin's very own Colt .45 SA, complete with charred grips from carrying it as he did his famous experiment with the kite in the thunderstorm.

Heydrich?

Hah. Some folks will just believe any old thing they read on the internet.

tac

Looks like he's done substantial editing to his description this time around. Now he says it was possibly put together as a tribute to Heydrich. I think he must have been on this site and reading your comments. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top