JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always held gun smiths in awe as if they do the job right a well built gun will outlast several men's life's. My.work if i am very lucky a few years at best. To me a well built firearm is one of few things that to me is almost timeless.

My guns i leep for awkward social issues are neither pretty or well crafted. Those guns have their own purpose and I will never ever get rid of them. They were created with mass production my only requirements are that they are reliable and accurate.
They have no soul. They are tools.

A nicely crafted wood and blued rifle such as a H&H, a Purdey or a Griffin & Howe would become a family heirloom. Something I would be proud to own. It's also way outside of my pocket book.

Is the Purdey film really dated, or are 28GA shotguns still popular in Europe? o_O

The movie was made in 2011, so I guess by American standards it's almost paleolithic. Still, it IS in colour and has real 'talkie' sound, so it's not too bad.

28g is still popular here in UK as well as Europe because we shoot smaller birds, and start shooting clays here in UK, at least, at around 8 - 10 y/o. 28g guns are very popular with lady shooters, too, who may feel that the 3" Magnum loads in their partner's 12g are a mite too much.

tac

The guns in the video are made by true gun artisans. Unfortunately today a lot of people called gunsmiths are unfortunately just parts assemblers. Here is a video of early American gun making in the tradition of H&H.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top