JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I order the same thing every time at McDonalds. 2 hamburgers, a large fries and a large diet coke. I eat there once or twice a week especially if I am travelling for work. The price was around $6-$7 two to three years ago. Now it ranges from $10 to $12 depending on where Im at. The franchisees do not have uniform pricing and why would they?
Many "expect" them to due to the advertising. They run print and media ads all over and I am sure many franchise owners see it as a both good and bad thing. Nice that the head office is trying to drum up business but, also must cause a lot of grief from people who wander in one and then are pissed when the price at that one is not what they saw in the ads.

Remember when these hamburgers at Mc D's were 29 cents? $2 now. No, I didn't ask them to skimp on the toppings. Of course the burger is much smaller now too.

1000004535.jpg

Last Edited:
Since those are Uber Eats prices, doesn't that include the fees?

I say that because at In-N-Out in LA County as of a week ago (according to a photo from an LA In-N-Out google page), a Double Double combo is $10.45. Just the burger is $5.90. I can't imagine that BK is charging the same price for a single Whopper that In-N-Out is for a Double Double combo.
Good call, it might.

My wife has been all happy and proud of me for not eating fast food anymore and praised me for trying to be healthier - if only she knew that I only stopped because I refuse to pay these ridiculous prices :s0085:🍔

About the only "fast food" I have bought since 2020 is tacos (yes, from Taco Bell - I like their tacos), food from Panda Express and Pho a couple of times (good comfort food).

Much less than before 2020 - I used to get either fast food or Thai at a restaurant once of twice a month, now it is about once a quarter and I haven't gone to a restaurant (except once for Pho) or movie theater since 2020.

About the only "fast food" I have bought since 2020 is tacos (yes, from Taco Bell - I like their tacos), food from Panda Express and Pho a couple of times (good comfort food).

Much less than before 2020 - I used to get either fast food or Thai at a restaurant once of twice a month, now it is about once a quarter and I haven't gone to a restaurant (except once for Pho) or movie theater since 2020.
I REALLY miss $5 pho. Used to eat pho at least once a week back in the day. Now it's like $17. lol

Last Edited:
Remember when these hamburgers at Mc D's were 29 cents? $2 now. No, I didn't ask them to skimp on the toppings. Of course the burger is much smaller now too.

View attachment 1869151
In Utah we had Dee's Drive-in's. Burgers looked just like what you have there!
the "Dee-Burger Clown". The owner Dee Anderson had a bunch of drive-ins and restaurants (Denny's like)

1713986795073.png

I REALLY miss $5 pho. Used to eat pho at least once a week back in the day. Now it's like $17. lol
Yup - I used to work half a block from Than Brothers Pho restaurant in Redmond (WA) and would often go there for lunch. A huge bowl for less than $5. Now you go into restaurants and they are mostly empty. A lot of them are closing. Even fast food like Taco Bell - you don't see the lines in the drive ups anymore.

Yuppers. Gone are the days when you could get a burger, fries and shake for less than a buck…

View attachment 1869565
Go back a little further. Like 1965 when I was 10. At the "Big Burg Drive-In" at the bottom of our street. The "Big Burg" hamburger was .19 cents, Fries a nickel and a Coke .10 cents. With change from my .50 cents to hit the penny candy store down the road a few blocks. I got a .50 a week allowance and mowed 3-4 lawns for old ladies/men on our street for .25-.50.

My wife's favorite pho place has nearly doubled its prices in the last 2 years, and streamlined (removed items) from its menu. My favorite coffee drink is gone too.

And it's made a huge difference in how busy that place is. Before, it was always packed. Even during COVID. Now we usually see it only 1/4 full, I think one time it was 1/3 full.

Maybe that pencils out financially for them? I dunno.....

Our tradition, since our son was born 16 years ago, is to go out on Friday night for dinner. Recently we have been just making a nice dinner on Friday nights.
Not because we can't afford it, but because it doesn't seem worth it anymore.
Not only do you add 11% taxes to the higher prices, but tips are also supposed to increase too.
I really resist giving the government rewards for a problem they created and perpetuate....

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top