JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couple of weeks ago I went to Jack in the box and ordered two ultimate bacon cheeseburgers and it was almost $18. Yeah it was my choice to go there, and no one forced me to go but dang bro!

I can't even go out and enjoy lunch with my gf. Ya I spent $550 on an AimPoint a few weeks back, but we are talking about food lol. Seriously though, it's getting ridiculous and I for one am going to vote with my wallet.

Wait till McDonald's employees get paid $50/hr….. then that cheeseburger is gonna be for the rich only. I watched this documentary about how Venezuela is and the tourist guide told the guy making the video, you can work for a month and buy a burger with all that Monopoly money you earned.

We ain't seen sh!t yet though, just wait. You think it's bad now? Hahahahahahaha nah.

Sounds like it's gone up a smidgen since the last time me and my employer's CFO were ranting about all the taxes being paid out…. METRO, Mult. County tax, state "corporate activity" tax, state income tax, city of Portland tax, etc etc…. not to mention Federal tax.

All of which the end-use consumer pays for via higher prices…. like $8 - $12 Big Macs and Whoppers.

Like I've always said, businesses don't pay taxes, they merely collect them for the government. Businesses get to take the brunt of being "greedy corporations", while the government rakes in the revenue so they can spend 20x the going rate for gold toilets and doorknobs in their buildings, and pad their retirement funds.

Kyboshed all fast-food last July, I don't miss it, recently broke up with my occasional BR coffee too, $7.00 for a coffee with steamed milk in it? Hell to the EFF no. I was tempted to stop in for a Latte yesterday but just couldn't bring myself to pay seven dollars, for a medium no less.
I did a Mr. Wolf last week. Starbucks to meet a gal.. Good coffee!
Lulz

In&Out Burger in Keizer.. On a random day.
View attachment 1853017 View attachment 1853020
Those prices seem (relatively) reasonable, but I marvel at all the lemmings waiting in those lines of cars that have stretched out through and down the streets of Kaiser Station requiring someone to set up "special lanes" and direct NORMAL traffic through the intersections (otherwise it'd be total grid-lock)….. all for a STUPID hamburger?

I've never tried In & Out, because I refuse to stand in a line of lemmings for an hour.:rolleyes:

McDonald's disputes this: "Here are the facts: All of our burger patties in the U.S. are always made with 100% USDA-inspected beef. That's the only ingredient: 100% real beef. Our patties contain no preservatives or fillers, and the only thing we ever add is a touch of salt and pepper when the patties are sizzling hot on the grill."

McDonald's kitchens haven't cooked patties on grills for years now. They're cooked in little drawers in a convection oven type of thing (think air fryer) above the sandwich making stations.

No, I don't (nor ever have) worked in a McD's…. just my observations over time while watching the crews from over the counter while waiting for an order to be filled.

:s0114:

Haters gotta hate :D

in.JPG

On my way home a couple of weeks ago I just wanted to do a quick lunch. So I ran the drive through at my neighborhood Burger King.
Voice in the speaker asked if I want cheese on the Whopper. Sure, I said. It cost me an extra $5.35!!!
Next time I'll just go home and get a slab of Kraft out of the frig.

On my way home a couple of weeks ago I just wanted to do a quick lunch. So I ran the drive through at my neighborhood Burger King.
Voice in the speaker asked if I want cheese on the Whopper. Sure, I said. It cost me an extra $5.35!!!
Next time I'll just go home and get a slab of Kraft out of the frig.
An extra $5.35 just for cheese?

I know it's not the healthiest choice, but I've been known to indulge in the occasional fast food binge every now and then.

Back in the day (late 90s), I could do so for a few bucks, because Burger King Whoppers were 99 cents.

I went by BK the other day for the first time in years, and - lo and behold, the Whopper is now more than $8… for just the sandwich

WOW.

View attachment 1852719
SIX PAGES?! All I got to say about fast food these days is Crap-In-The-Box, and Burger King, being pretty much two of the only three places we used to go, served us crap food for the last time several years ago. They are all dead to us now, except for McDonalds. Wifey orders on line getting whatever discount she can using the drive through. We only get a couple of McDoubles and a large fry to split. That's plenty for the two of us for lunch with a drink we bring, usually energy drink. For the food we're into that less that $6.00. Over my many years eating fast food it came to the point where it seems consistency of the food from visit to visit became terrible. And a LOT of the annoying, incessant advertising, is another reason.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top