JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fast food prices are insane right now. I still see long lines though.
They've mostly lost me as a customer. Pre-Covid era, I used to buy fast food once or twice a week. Now, very rarely. But I've also got gastrointestinal issues that are worse so that is another issue.

McDonalds was barely worth their old prices, now not even close. They are the most tasteless product out there. Burger King slops too much sauce on it unless you remember to tell them to leave it dry, sauces on the side. Dairy Queen, you need a magnifying glass to see the "beef" patty, no flavor. These are my experiences within the past six months.

I won't patronize any restaurant establishment that pimps me for a tip in advance. Which happens at some take-out joints. The tip is about quality of service rendered; how can you know how it's gonna turn out if you tip before that's happened? As to fast food, what is the tip for anyway? They are only placing it on a counter, they usually aren't serving you at table. And if you omit a tip in advance, are they gonna spit into your food because you stiffed them?

I only recently discovered Popeye's, they make a basic sandwich that I like for about $5. A dry bun with a single but large batter fried chunk of white meat chicken in it. But the smell of burning cooking oil within a 150 feet of the place might turn some people off.

I was raised on the Bob's Big Buck Special's back in the 70's. $1 for a cheeseburger, fries and a coke.

A few days ago I was in the mood for BK. $14 for two bacon cheeseburgers and two fries. No coke.

What really irks me most has been the progression McDonald's has gone through the last few years:

Began limiting and charging for sauces, when previously free.

Brought in kiosks. Although I like the improved order accuracy of the kiosk, the main reason for it was to reduce counter employees and make it easier to hire non English speaking employees.

Now they pulled the soda fountain out from the dining area. At the McDonald's I've been to, they also have a sign saying "no refills". Soda hardly costs much.... I enjoyed controlling the ice, mixing flavors and the occasional refill.

Now Taco Bell is testing the waters with charging for their newly introduced sauce packet.

I remember when McDonald's and Taco Bell had menu items in the 39, 59, 79 and 99 cents range. At that time minimum wage in Arizona was $4.25.
Now the previous $0.39 cent taco is $2.09
And the $0.99 Big Mac is $7.99
Increases of 500% and 800%
But, minimum wage isn't $21 to $34 hour.....yet....

While waiting at the local Shell station yesterday for a tank of LP, I noticed the line of cars at the drive through for the Micky dees (which is a part of the Shell station)

I didn't count but in the time I waited, until I got my LP tank filled (maybe 10-15 min) I saw probably 40 + cars pass through.

Bottom line? Its a CHOICE everyone has - to either be addicted to fast food or to take the time to cook on your own, to plan to make extra for leftovers and to shop carefully to find the best deals to make it all work for you.

Last time I ate fast food was a couple years ago when I went to Bend with an elderly neighbor I help out often and we stopped at Chick Fil A in Bend.

While waiting at the local Shell station yesterday for a tank of LP, I noticed the line of cars at the drive through for the Micky dees (which is a part of the Shell station)

I didn't count but in the time I waited, until I got my LP tank filled (maybe 10-15 min) I saw probably 40 + cars pass through.

Bottom line? Its a CHOICE everyone has - to either be addicted to fast food or to take the time to cook on your own, to plan to make extra for leftovers and to shop carefully to find the best deals to make it all work for you.

Last time I ate fast food was a couple years ago when I went to Bend with an elderly neighbor I help out often and we stopped at Chick Fil A in Bend.
I've never been to a chik fil a.. heard good things but recently heard that their chicken sandwich was like $20? so probably never will.

take a wild guess how many COWS mc Donald's goes per day worldwide to make hamburgers.

the figure I got was just short of 68,000 cows per day!!!!!
Just think how many it would actually be if they didn't put the fillers in their "meat"? Worms are tasty this time of the year, they get a little gamey tasting come summertime. Satire of course but 100% All Natural Beef I've heard is a trademark name, not a content percentage of their product.

I don't eat fast food. The closest I'll do is the local Bistro has a drive up window and makes a fair Ruben sandwich. You order it at the window then pull around to a side door and wait for them to bring it out to you. It's a little spendy at $15.00 but my wife and I will split one so not too bad done that way.

In&Out Burger in Keizer.. On a random day.
1711675776462.png 1711676156899.png

Last Edited:
Just think how many it would actually be if they didn't put the fillers in their "meat"? Worms are tasty this time of the year, they get a little gamey tasting come summertime. Satire of course but 100% All Natural Beef I've heard is a trademark name, not a content percentage of their product.
McDonald's disputes this: "Here are the facts: All of our burger patties in the U.S. are always made with 100% USDA-inspected beef. That's the only ingredient: 100% real beef. Our patties contain no preservatives or fillers, and the only thing we ever add is a touch of salt and pepper when the patties are sizzling hot on the grill."

McDonald's disputes this: "Here are the facts: All of our burger patties in the U.S. are always made with 100% USDA-inspected beef. That's the only ingredient: 100% real beef. Our patties contain no preservatives or fillers, and the only thing we ever add is a touch of salt and pepper when the patties are sizzling hot on the grill."
Yup.

And every vote counts too! Hahahahaha

Oh yeah, an official statement. Those are always stated with the utmost emphasis on facts!!! Just ask our presididnt!

Well the rest of the state legislature did shoot down the proposal. This means that on some level they know how stupid a high minimum is. Yet they still set a statewide minimum of 16, jumping to 20 for various industries. Ant the end of the day it is still pandering; "we are going to vote you more money if you vote for us!" and then conveniently ignore how the value of that "more money" is completely destroyed by the very policies that awarded it to you in the first place. Some people cannot get past the idea that "bigger numbers are better right?!"
I have gone through this forever with property tax. People who rent, when some new property tax is proposed are all in. Saying it does not effect them :confused:
When you try to explain to them they are voting to raise their own rent they laugh. Until the new tax does go in and their rent does go up. Then they are no longer laughing and will with their last breath insist the higher tax has nothing to do with it. :s0092:

I have gone through this forever with property tax. People who rent, when some new property tax is proposed are all in. Saying it does not effect them :confused:
When you try to explain to them they are voting to raise their own rent they laugh. Until the new tax does go in and their rent does go up. Then they are no longer laughing and will with their last breath insist the higher tax has nothing to do with it. :s0092:
Yep, cause and effect are hard to see when you refuse to understand it. This is turning into the story of our nation and culture.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top