JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Evidently the Virginia AG has been ordered to review all reciprocity agreements and has decided to terminate all but a few on February 1st citing "lax laws" (which is funny because you can get a VA CHL by taking an online class). A small handful of agreements including Texas, West Virginia, and Utah will remain.

This is actually very relevant to me as for the past 16 months, while living in Northern Virginia for school, I've been carrying daily with my non-resident Washington CHL. Well, good thing I'll be long out of here by 2/1, but it is still a shame that Virginia is going the opposite way of the rest of the country.

Another change is that no one who has ever received inpatient mental health treatment can be eligible to carry in Virginia, which is somewhat frightening as that means a person who was hospitalized for depression following the death of a grandparent would be included. As someone who works in this field, I don't support removing the rights of people for histories of things as prevalent as depression and/or anxiety. Sure, if you have some active form of psychosis, I'll buy such a restriction, but by including so many people in this restriction, they're doing nothing but driving people away from seeking treatment when they really need it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...2ce3d0-a821-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html

You sure a Wa CPL is good in Virginia ? I think I would double check that if I were you.

I'm certain:

carry map.jpg

carry map.jpg

I'm a bit surprised at the direction Virginia has been going with regard to gun rights, must be the influence of Washington D.C. on them - no doubt many folks that work in D.C. live in Virginia, and are being influenced by the strong anti-gun feelings in that city and in many members of the government there.

Permit Not Honored:
Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virgin Islands, Washington

Permit Not Honored:
Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virgin Islands, Washington

Those are states that a Virginia permit are not accepted in.

I'm a bit surprised at the direction Virginia has been going with regard to gun rights, must be the influence of Washington D.C. on them - no doubt many folks that work in D.C. live in Virginia, and are being influenced by the strong anti-gun feelings in that city and in many members of the government there.

Well it's all the yuppies up in NoVA that sympathize with DC's madness. If you remove Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax, you are left with an extremely red state. Does that sound like another state we all know?

It might be easier for the US if those cities just rejoined DC.

On another note, I've seen more NRA stickers and Gadsden Flag license plates in this area than anywhere else.

Well it's all the yuppies up in NoVA that sympathize with DC's madness. If you remove Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax, you are left with an extremely red state. Does that sound like another state we all know?

It might be easier for the US if those cities just rejoined DC.

On another note, I've seen more NRA stickers and Gadsden Flag license plates in this area than anywhere else.

Amazing how little pockets of stupidity can throw off the politics of an entire state.

Amazing how little pockets of stupidity can throw off the politics of an entire state.

Part stupidity, part a lust for controlling others, part evil. The only reason Virginia remains a semi-red state is because of the other major population centers of Richmond, Virginia Beach, and Roanoke. Oregon doesn't have such areas to balance out the Bolshevik scourge.

I will not be going there for any reason with this kind of political actions

RICHMOND, Va. – Concealed handgun permits held by residents of 25 states will no longer be valid in Virginia, the state's attorney general said Tuesday, drawing swift criticism from GOP lawmakers.

Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, said the state will revoke its reciprocity agreement with the states because their concealed weapon laws don't meet Virginia's standards. Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.

"Evenly, consistently and fairly enforcing Virginia's concealed handgun permit law, as we are now doing, means that it will be more difficult for potentially dangerous individuals to conceal their handguns here in Virginia and that will make Virginians safer, especially Virginian law enforcement," Herring said.

The move means that Virginians will no longer be able to use their concealed handgun permits in six states that require a mutual reciprocity agreement: Florida, Louisiana, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wyoming.

John Whitbeck, chairman of the Virginia Republican Party, said Herring's announcement was further proof that Democrats have "declared war on the Second Amendment."

The top Republican in the GOP-controlled House of Delegates said that Herring is "damaging the integrity of the office he holds."

"Despite promising to take politics out of the attorney general's office, Mark Herring consistently seeks to interpret and apply the law of the Commonwealth through the lens of his own personal, political opinions," House Speaker William Howell said.

Lars Dalseide, a spokesman for the National Rifle Association, said concealed handgun reciprocity agreements between states have ended before, but his organization is unaware of another state ever implementing a change of this magnitude.

States are currently being notified about the change, which goes into effect on Feb. 1, Herring said. The only states that have tough enough laws to maintain their reciprocity agreement with Virginia are: Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and West Virginia, he said.

The states whose permits Virginia will no longer recognize are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-gun-permits-from-25-states.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Looks like Virginia has fallen to the zombies.. The real people who need their handgun permits revoked are these corrupt, power-hungry, narcissistic politicians who want to expand their authority and oppression, stomp on our Constitution to fulfill their egos and lust for authority. I say disarm the government and arm the people, our government is proving to be more and more treasonous every day..

We are knocking on the doors of fascism more and more every day.. If Hillary Clinton becomes president and we get more Dems in Congress or more Turncoat Republicans (or the NY/NJ Republican breeds), this country is doomed and we will be long overdue for a new Declaration of Independence.

"Evenly, consistently and fairly enforcing Virginia's concealed handgun permit law, as we are now doing, means that it will be more difficult for potentially dangerous individuals to conceal their handguns here in Virginia and that will make Virginians safer, especially Virginian law enforcement," Herring said.

So.... this action will make a criminal's handgun weigh 200-lbs? Maybe a criminal's handgun will suddenly expand to 50x it's original size? Turn "super-nova" hot so it'll burn their skin/clothes off?

Thoughtless dumba$$.... :rolleyes:

Soooo, has something been happening there in Virginnie with all these outta state-licensed concealed fire arms carriers? Have they been shooting the place up or something? OR, is this just more laws against law abiding fire arms owners to pacify the anti's?

Pretty sure I already know the answer to that one!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top