JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Surprisingly Solid Mathematical Case of the Tin Foil Hat Gun Prepper

Stepping through this, the average year for colony establishment is 1678, which is 340 years ago. Two qualifying events in 340 years is a 0.5882% annual chance of nationwide violent revolution against the ruling government. Do the same math as we did above with the floodplains, in precisely the same way, and we see a 37% chance that any American of average life expectancy will experience at least one nationwide violent revolution.

Let's see now, I am 66 and the closest in my lifetime to a revolution was 1968 when young men were being drafted to fight a war that nobody wanted. Bombings and riots as 50,000 young men were killed in Vietnam, it's gonna take some serious bloodshed for a revolution to happen in my opinion.

Yah, folks do not like numbers.

On another board, members have included other events in our countries history. Events which could cause similar calamity as a civil war, at the family level. Doing so, the statistical probability increases markedly so, for a said calamity in a lifetime.

Ex. simply including every war these United States has ever been involved in.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top