JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long article but it's excellent and worth your time if you haven't seen it already (originally posted in Oct of 2018)

Stephen Willeford had just taken a bite of chocolate cake when the stranger approached. It was a warm evening in August, and Willeford was eating at Baldy's American Diner, just a few miles from his home in Sutherland Springs. He was in a dark corner of the restaurant, out of sight of other patrons in the main dining room, but the stranger and his wife happened to pass by on their way to the restroom.

When the man spotted Willeford, he lingered for a few seconds, staring.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," he said. He looked to be in his late thirties and was wearing a faded U.S. Marine Corps T-shirt. "I just have to say, you look really familiar, and I can't figure out how I know you. Can I ask your name?"

Willeford is the sort of guy who blends into most crowds. At 56, he's balding, a little stocky, and moderate in height, about five feet, seven inches. He is gregarious by nature, almost jolly, which is apt, because he sports a scruffy white Santa Claus beard. His kids used to tease him because he seems to know someone everywhere he goes, and even when he doesn't, he makes fast friends with strangers. But these days—ever since November 2017, when media crews from around the world descended on his tiny hometown, the latest ground zero in a mind-numbing string of mass shootings across the country—he knows all the quietest corners of his favorite restaurants. His life barely resembles the one he had before.

"My name is Stephen," he said, his voice gentle and slow.

Long article but it's excellent and worth your time if you haven't seen it already (originally posted in Oct of 2018)

:s0101::s0101:

That was a VERY well written article and well worth the read. Thank you for posting that. I heard the interview he did with Crowder. Will have go back and watch it again. God bless this man and his Wife for the memories he has to deal with now. He certainly deserves the good that has come to him over it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top