JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That SIG post reminded me. Before I got fed up with them, I went in there asking about a .22 target pistol for informal shooting, as opposed to a match gun.
The guy pulls out a SIG P210 (which I really like to this day) but it had an $800 price tag on it. I later found out what I wanted was a bull barrelled Ruger MkI, but, WTF?!
The guy doesn't want to sell anything, he just wants people to plunk down money.

Unfortunately, this company embodies the term "Gun Snob."

Imagine how much money they could make if they were helpful, polite, had decent prices and gave good service............Makes you wonder...........................

I went there once about 6 months ago. Lots of high priced inventory. A friend of mine was with me. He wanted a few things to maintain his collection, bought them and we left. I guess I would say it is not the place to go if you want to buy a gun.

Now that I know better, this is what I think of the Gun Room.

This place is a museum; I would never go to buy and or listen to anything they say, just to look...

The Gun Room is more than likely one of the worst retail stores (gun or otherwise), in all of Portland!

I hate to say it, but I look forward to hearing about their going out of business sale. Due to the fact that they have earned that sale for a long time.

Last Edited:
Neil trust me... I am waiting for them to go out business as well. They used to locate on the main street of 82nd then slowly move to foster. When I live in Portland I went there all the time because I love the name of that place "The Gun Room" it sound pretty cool and sound like a room full of toys. I never buy a darn thing from them... but I love to hear them talking trash about kimber and glocks, all the tupperware stuff that they dont carry. ;-)

For the life of me I don't know how they stay in business. They even run ads on TV locally (off-prime). I can't believe it is return business, and I've always wondered if the guy isn't married to a wealthy doctor or lawyer wife or something.
He makes all his money off scheduling hunting trips for, and selling over-priced firearms to, local wealthy morons like the Tonkins and Lampheres who actually believe his BS.

damn i need to get into scheduling hunting trips and selling overpriced guns to wealthy people around here.

Anyone want to buy a really nice overpriced gun from me?

edit: wow i just voted, 86% poor? I voted for poor myself because i think the owner is an *** hat. how do you stay in business with that kind of customer service. he must be really over priced.

I love Warren. A couple of years ago, I traded into a few nice older Winchesters. I had no idea what to do with them, I was going to Portland and took them with me. I just picked the name from the phone book. I walked into the store and was looking at the nice, very over priced, guns. Warren walked up and asked if I need any help. I said I was wanting to sell him some nice Winchesters. I brought them in and hit gold. This guy will pay more for nice Winchesters than anyone I have ever seen. But, they don't make them any more and he has to have guns to sell to the sheep. So, any nice Winchesters I get go North to the world famous GUN ROOM. And no, I have never bought a gun there.

I went there a number of years ago looking for a rifle. Then they had overpriced Remington's and Winchesters - I asked about Ruger - of course their comment was we don't handle crap guns like Ruger !! - I said oh really - so obviously you aren't an authorized dealer for Ruger ?? Correct - yeah even way back then they were bubblegums.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top