JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Do you carry in sigs?"
"Yes we have some of those pos's around here!"
"Oh ok thank you sir"
"No need to call me names!"
~hung up~

I only purchased my AR-15 from them because they gave me a great deal. It's an XM-15 Bushmaster carbine with 4 30 rnd mags, a 5 rnd mag, a 10 rnd mag, a Bushmaster gun bag, 500 rnds of American Eagle ammo, & an apology. I had taken a pistol in for service and they not only lost it for three weeks, they didn't replace the part they charged me for, & lied to me about it. When I questioned the "gunsmith" about it, he called me a few names I won't repeat & told me I was a f*&^ing idiot for taking apart my gun to inspect the work. I almost jumped over the counter to beat his old a$$. I left a few choice words of my own & called the BBB. The NEXT time I went in, Warren (the owner) was very nice & very helpful. I not only got my money back from the other "service", I only paid $950 for all of the aforementioned equipment. Not bad. Except for the incredibly high blood pressure & huge pain in the a$$. I got my good deal. I do NOT shop there anymore. Period.

This store is such a POS! I can never say enough bad stuff about this shop, but I see all of ya'll have mentioned how much they hate the foriegn stuff that works, well you obviously didnt ask them what they thought about Marlin lever rifles.....Btw, American made.
I called em up...asked if they had in stock any Marlin rifles, the "explitives" told me that they "Dont carry those POS's cause they dont work anywhere near as good as the Winchesters they carry so many of"
Excuse me but the action on a Marlin lever action is light years ahead of what the last run of Win 94's could ever have been gunsmithed into...
I am unaware like ya'll of how these folks dont get shot in the face on a daily basis for their lack of knowledge about ANYTHING! or their total incompitence as human beings.

I sometimes drive by their shop and am surprised they are still in business! I think all of the other gun shops in town pay all of their overhead just to make their shops more profitable and look like they have the best service ever.

I went in there with a friend's dad when I was younger, who was a Portland police officer, and the tenant behind the counter actually fired a .22LR rifle into a phone book in the middle of the store.

Huge rifle inventory because their prices are horrible. I don't see how they stay in business. I heard one of the old guys behind the counter saying to the customer "if you like plastic guns" talking about how bad polymer guns are........:huh:

Gee, and all these years I was thinking that it was just me thinking that big sign on Foster Road should read "Jerk Room" instead of gun room. It amazes me that they have stayed in business for all these years, but I quess when you charge what they do, you dont need that many suckers going through the doors.
Elitist, arrogant, self-important and narrow minded. In these days, the last thing we need is to see another local dealer fold.(pre-obama days, ofcourse)...that being said, if it has to happen, let it be them.

One odd thing I've noticed though, the same customer service attitude is reflected at the plumbing store next door. Hmmm maybe there's a gas leak in the building ?

I stopped in there years ago looking for a target style pistol to plink with. I was shown a really nice SIG P210. Yeah, right. $1000 top line target pistol. Just recently my future son-in-law stopped in there shopping around for something for concealed carry. They brought out a top-end full size Kimber 1911. Not the first thing I'd think of for concealed carry. Sounds like they're phishing for big commissions. By not matching a buyer with the most appropriate weapon for the purpose, they're losing sales.

I have only been there twice, years ago. I wanted a CZ 30-06, and they had them in stock. I thought the customer service was great, maybe a little overbearing, but far better than Kieths Sporting Goods. They gave me the gun for a great deal, a box of ammo, and two camo GunRoom hats. I was impressed. About a year later, I had bought another hunting rifle that I liked more. I took the CZ back to them, and traded for a new Glock. It was great. Now that was years ago, mind you, but I was impressed.

They are quite over-priced on alot of their inventory I remember, but they had the gun I wanted for better than I could find elsewhere. Unless I go there again and am proven wrong, I give them a big thumbs up.

WOW, after reading through the posts here, I am the only one who didnt have a bad experience there. Maybe I was drunk and didnt notice how rude they were or something! Like I said earlier, Ive only been there twice many years ago, and the only reason I havent gone back is because I hate driving in Portland traffic. Not because I cant handle it, but because I feel like Im gonna turn green like the Hulk and start smashing a-holes cars!

When Remington released the Competition Master 1100 years ago I wanted to try a lighter sporting 12ga. I went into the Gun Room because they had said over the phone they had the largest selection of Sporting guns "Probably in the country". The gentleman (ha ha) behind the counter went into a resume about their vast knowledge of clay and target shooting. When I asked him about the new model he new nothing about it. He decide to look it up and Proclaimed that since it was a shorter than traditional barrel and composite stock it wasn't a true target gun. He said "That's a G@d Damn riot gun, I'm not going to order you one!" then tried to turn me to one of their specially prepared $2200. Benelli's. What a Jerk!. I walked out and never looked back! Ordered it from GI Joes. I still love shooting that gun.

Apparently He trained all of the employee's.

Bunch of do-dinks, you may know youre stuff about guns, but there is a caliber and chambering for everyone. If I want a 300 ultra mag, then damnit, Im going to get one. Also, a tikka t3 will do every bit as good on the range, and in the field as a model 700

:s0146:Oh man you want to talk about jack#$^#$. that place cant even take a phone call without trying to piss you off because the rifle you may have asked if they carry is a piece of crap and we'll never carry that junk in here, what the **** do you need that caliber for anyway its no good for nothing and why did you even call here we hate people that want to buy our guns, these are our guns and there not for sale didnt you notice the skyhigh prices, come to think of it dont ever call here again attitude. I have tried to make nice in phones calls and it never works. the same lousy attitude comes streaming over my phone, I will never attempt to business with that place again. and LOL my experience with them is over 8 years old....do I sound bitter.

The owner of this place is an awful man. The other old guy who works there is actually decent. He pulled me aside once when I was asking about M1As and he said that Warren would do whatever he could to bend me over...his exact words. Also, I flat out asked him how they survived when they jacked the prices up, lied to customers and treated everyone who didn't live and die by their hand picked Browning Hi Powers like they were fools

He told me that there's another aspect to the business which entails searching out, buying and selling at inflated prices all sorts of serious military collectible weapons. Stuff like $30,000 aircraft guns and the like. He actually said that just that week Warren had bought and resold one of these and taken something like 15 grand in profit.

To my way of thinking, aside from some trust fund, this is a most likely explanation for why this place has managed to exist for so long. Ask any gun seller in town who's been around that they'll tell you that this place has been a joke since forever.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top