JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I called about some powder yesterday (16 July) and was told they don't quote prices over the phone. Then he launched into a speech about customer service, and higher quality products (powder?).

So I went in and bought a pound of Winchester 748 ball powder... for $33.85!

I know he is price gouging...I needed about 3 pounds, but only bought one..just enough to load up a few rounds. At that price I can see why he is the only shop in the area that still has powder for sale.

At least they are consistent.

I have a few stories about this abomination of a gun shop, but recounting them sends my blood-pressure soaring.

the last time i went in there, just because i had some time to kill before a business meeting, i noticed they had a whole shelf full of 6920s. i was kind of surprised they actually carried something with any degree of quality.. but since they're all about Colt in general i suppose that makes sense.

anyway.. the $2,300 price tag on each of those 6920s readily explained why they had a whole shelf full.

i @#$%ing HATE that place.

It would be interesting to see old Warren join NWFA & post on here.

it would be good for both those @#$%^$%$#@#$%^^#@@$@# to read this thread. every gun shop has a few haters, even if they're really good... but half the country hates the GUN ROOM. they could probably triple their sales over the next decade (takes time to recover from their piss poor reputation) if they'd just adopt a customer-service attitude.

I hate these guys. Send this conversation to their business. I said hey do you have this gun I am looking for. He said Crap,gangbang gun. I dont keep plastic even if it is a HK. It's funny because Ive called again he said. Junk Gangbang gun. I couldn't believe it.

I hate these guys. Send this conversation to their business. I said hey do you have this gun I am looking for. He said Crap,gangbang gun. I dont keep plastic even if it is a HK. It's funny because Ive called again he said. Junk Gangbang gun. I couldn't believe it.

What's even better is to compare one of his "approved" guns to a competitors and he will tell you his is better! :huh:

They are better. He selects the steel they are forged from and then hand inspects them at the factory before delivery. The major manufacturers produce special weapons just for him ya' know. :s0077:

True that! I've had a couple run in's with him, both times ending in him "urgently' asking me to leave and both times I suggested he make sweet love to himself! :D

"Do you carry in sigs?"
"Yes we have some of those pos's around here!"
"Oh ok thank you sir"
"No need to call me names!"
~hung up~

"Do you sell burris scopes?"
"Only the top of the line ones!"
"o.k. do you sell the burris short mag scope?"
(sarcastic tone says....)"uh, YA!"
"great! ...whats your price?"
(ANGRY voice says...) "We dont quote prices over the damn phone!!!!"
"Oh, Im sorry, I live 90 minutes from your store. It would be nice to know how much before I make the drive"
"Sorry, go buy it somewhere else!!!!!!!!" click they hang up on me.

I dropped in one afternoon, I was looking at S&W N-Frames. They seemed friendly and knowledgable, but their prices were outrageous. You'd have thought the revolvers were made of gold!

I had a similar experience the first time I went in there a couple of years ago... I lived nearby at the time, and I chalked it up to being a young guy who looks like he lives in SE Portland... Glad to know it wasn't personal.

What a bunch of !@#$ tools.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top