JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went in a few weeks ago. Warren, I believe, acknowledged me and asked me what I was looking for. He didn't have it and started in on the, they only sell real guns stick, but I just smiled and nodded and it ended there. I kind of regret not getting to see the binder. Later, while I was looking at their Garands, he started talking to me about their collector's BAR that they had in. Not a well run business to be sure, but I didn't really have a bad experience. Next time I'll wear a shirt that says, "Plastics make it possible. "

I went in there looking for an upland shotgun. I found a nice Rizzini for a good price but as the salesman was helping me check the fit, I noticed a good-sized dent in the vent rib. Asking if this was indeed damaged but being sold as new, he replied, "They're supposed to be like that. I can show you the box. It's a new gun." He then offered to sell me a "real shotgun", A Remington 870 that had been gunsmithed with all the internals changed out to "special parts" for the low price $1250. I haven't been back since.

I went in there looking for an upland shotgun. I found a nice Rizzini for a good price but as the salesman was helping me check the fit, I noticed a good-sized dent in the vent rib. Asking if this was indeed damaged but being sold as new, he replied, "They're supposed to be like that. I can show you the box. It's a new gun." He then offered to sell me a "real shotgun", A Remington 870 that had been gunsmithed with all the internals changed out to "special parts" for the low price $1250. I haven't been back since.

If you decide to get that 870, I can make you a deal on a BMW 325 for a matched set. It has all Bavarian internals.

If you decide to get that 870, I can make you a deal on a BMW 325 for a matched set. It has all Bavarian internals.
Almost forgot another quote but you reminded me...
I was told to avoid that "German Crap". I have to get an American shotgun made with "special steel". So that BMW is certainly crap according to the salesman at the GR. Thanks but will have to pass. :)

Hadn't been in there since the mid 90's. Walked in, saw the mess of "new guns" piled up everywhere. Saw bricks of .22 for $100. Parrot took a dump on the counter. Took my leave. I wish the news would stop interviewing him as a "firearms expert."

So for future reference here is an example of a proper rebuttal :

My experience in The Gun Room was quite the opposite than what many of the other reviewers here have posted.

I found the staff helpful , courteous and knowledgeable.

The selection of firearms varied in price , design and function....the store itself was very welcoming.

I urge you to come down and see for yourself , how great a store The Gun Room actually is.

Again the above was written just as an example* of what a proper and forum rule abiding rebuttal should look like.
(* Having never been in the store...I don't have actual comment or review )

Andy

Don't know exactly what was said or by who, but....I have to ask....Have either of you guys ever done any business with the place in question. It would speak volumes in explaining what ever the offense was. Personally...I can't think of a descriptive potty word invented that would be overkill (I do know of a few that might come close).

This of course said with acknowledgement of forum guidelines.

Last Edited:
Nope...
As I said...I posted an example of a forum friendly rebuttal...
I have never been in the place , so I can not make a comment .
I try my best not to comment on things outside of my own experience.
Andy

All of my replies were true experiences. I never bought frim them because I found their conduct repulsive. My best friend joseph bought a .22 from them. Also terrible experienxe but he's kinda stupid and was a gullible young lad

Don't know exactly what was said or by who, but....I have to ask....Have either of you guys ever done any business with the place in question. It would speak volumes in explaining what ever the offense was. Personally...I can't think of a descriptive potty word invented that would be overkill (I do know of a few that might close).

This of course said with acknowledgement of forum guidelines.

No, I haven't done business with them, nor have any personal opinion one way or another about the establishment. Posting a positive, neutral, or negative review is totally not a problem.

However, an individual with a username that contains the self-applied title "troll", who posted at least nine (9) nasty, vitriolic messages in a matter of minutes, who is asked to stop and replies with threats to this site and the moderation staff is a problem.

I realize that now that spamming garbage is gone, it is hard to see what went down. And I hope the above explanation helps. Cheers.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top