1. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's an interesting perspective Wayno, and good look into the past that has certainly faded away over time. I'm old enough to remember a few places that are no longer around - maybe not these old school guys, but I loved GI Joes, was sorry to see them go away - I used to buy ammo and black powder for....fun....there.

WAYNO and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Nibbs

Nibbs
    Milwaukie, Or

WAYNO, I understand what you are saying and can relate.
    I R an old guy too.

But I have been into his store a lot and go to buy plumbing at Morlan's so I always stop in.
    Steve and I are 'friends'.
    I can have a good conversation w/ Warren,
    but his attitude sux big time.

It has something to do w/ being honest.
    Like NOT telling lies or preying upon the Unacknowledged Noobs and charging them 2x what any other store will charge.

He told me in reference to that practice;

""I DO know how to use a calculator!!

STUKA, JRuby and WAYNO like this.
  3. Papercidal

Papercidal
    Vancouver ,Wa

I love that place, never bought anything there and the employees never even said hi or offered help but there is a lot of cool old stuff there. Just think of it as a museum and not a retail establishment.

Baseacegoku likes this.
  4. HuckleberryFun

HuckleberryFun
    Portland, OR.

I agree that if you are looking for some classic firearm, no matter how obscure, they are likely to have it. Just think of the old dinosaurs that run the place as part of the museum exhibit.

Ura-Ki and STUKA like this.
  5. Mykael

Mykael
    Portland

He once tried to tell me that glocks didn't use steel and some crap about his guns being made of superior dwarven magick metals

Then some more crap about how I need to drop out of college and read the bible

Honestly it's kinda hard to keep track of what he says.

The only reason we go back is to bring new friends and have them ask Warren about Glocks for that beautiful reaction.

Baseacegoku, STUKA and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. that guy

that guy
    PDX
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

When I was there I didn't even ask and he still told me they didn't carry "Tupperware guns"

7. pdx210

pdx210
    Clackamas

It's interesting to me every time I've been in there the owner insults and berates potential customers who's buying guns from them, what keeps them in business?

8. The B

The B
    NW Oregon

Maybe he's just an organized crime money laundering front?

Insults people to get the the fuhk out.

Certaindeaf, ob1 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. james83

james83
    beaverton oregon
    I'am feeling fat and sassy

The first time I went to the gun room (I think i posted a reply earlier in this thread)
    anyways
    I had not lived in the Portland area very long and decided to check the place out as i needed some 9x18mm makarov ammo I called them they said they had some and after being asked if I was French and after convincing them I wasnt French they sold me the ammo.

On my second and last visit which was a few years ago I stopped by the gun room as after a phone call they told me they had some .30 luger ammo in stock.

Again they did have the ammo and once again I had to convince them I wasnt French.
    I bought two boxes of .30 luger ammo cant remember how much it cost me but it was expensive.

I will say that they do have some pretty neat old rifles and shotguns but the prices are on the insane side of things

The owner? told me that they sell some rifles to high end clients in europe for hunting, Im guessing these clients are not French as they seem to have somekind of adversion to the French.

I have not been there in years and have no desire to ever return .....however if a few members here would like to get together and visit perhaps we could all dress up in French outfits and go to the gun room and ask them about Glocks and FN 5.7's ect

:cool:

Edit* -

One thing that did surprise me about my second visit to the gun room that was while talking to one of the employees (after the whole convincing them I wasnt French thing)
    I happend to mention them that as a child I had really enjoyed shooting one of my fathers guns which was a Browning 1910 in 32acp
    the owner? went out back to returned with a excellent condition Browning 1910 which he offered to sell me for $900 dollars
    I didnt have $900 dollars to spend on an old 32
    but I still thought it was neat that he had one in the back

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    STUKA and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Mykael

Mykael
    Portland

Tell me when you are. I'm an Asian guy with French descent who owns a Glock.

I'd love to pop in for a visit while holding a baguette

BDA.45, SKrueger, The B and 4 others like this.
  11. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Silver Supporter

BDA.45, Ura-Ki and james83 like this.
  12. jbett98

jbett98
    NW Oregon

Make sure you wear a beret.

Ura-Ki and james83 like this.
  13. james83

james83
    beaverton oregon
    I'am feeling fat and sassy

hahahhaha

yeah im down, but lets get a few more of us first, safety in numbers!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. Hotnhere

Hotnhere
    Washington

i be careful.. if their that bias against the french they may just pull out some German Luger's and you'll quickly drop the french baguette to hold on to your own baguette!

15. ob1

ob1
    46th parallel

Hmmm. An NWFA flash mob ? :s0093: . :s0018::s0118::s0029::eek:

Baseacegoku and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Sub Light Speed
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Do it at Christmas time, I will join ya! Glock on each hip and a MAS over the shoulder Should make all sorts of warm fuzzies! Seriously, Just avoid them and and there brand of business ethics, we all know they are scum, so why give the satisfaction that they "Got to us" Maybe send them a Christmas Goose and a nice card from NWFA!!!

ob1 likes this.
  17. Nibbs

Nibbs
    Milwaukie, Or

I'm All In.

This could be almost as monumental as the recent election.....:)

I can bring some friends...

STUKA and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Seared Saba

Seared Saba
    Multnomah County

Not sure how I ended up reading this thread, but I did read every comments from the beginning to the end. I'm going to visit there soon just to experience.

Certaindeaf, Ura-Ki and Mikej like this.
  19. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Just a little something to try...Time how long it takes someone to ask if they can help you find something. The wife and I went in there ONCE, it musta' been 2010. They have a bunch of racks with used rifles so you wouldn't have a hard time looking around for a good 20 minutes I think.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Seared Saba

Seared Saba
    Multnomah County

Sounds like a good plan! I will time that for sure. I will also bring my old SW38 to see what they have to say about. I lost some screws for it while doing maintenance. I suspect they have some available...

ob1 and Mikej like this.