JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ry9g4p8.jpg

OK, so if minimum wage back then was $0.75 per hour, then $79.95 ÷ .75 = 106.60 work hours to buy that M1 rifle.

Federal minimum wage now is now $7.25 per hour. Current price of a service grade M1 through CMP is $730.00. $730.00 ÷ 7.25 = 100.68 work hours to buy that M1, meaning, it's actually cheaper to buy one NOW than it was in the good old days!

OK, so if minimum wage back then was $0.75 per hour, then $79.95 ÷ .75 = 106.60 work hours to buy that M1 rifle.

Federal minimum wage now is now $7.25 per hour. Current price of a service grade M1 through CMP is $730.00. $730.00 ÷ 7.25 = 100.68 work hours to buy that M1, meaning, it's actually cheaper to buy one NOW than it was in the good old days!
Pretty sure taxes weren't nearly as the same today though. That medicare tax that comes out of my check every week could be gun money instead or even my nonexistent 401k...

Someday I'll find one of these ads in person. I'll cut out the mail order portion and close a cheque for the amount + shipping and see what happens.

I remember, hanging out with a friend of mine, who had an ffl, and an SOT, class 3 dealer back in the day, used to just thumb through the shotgun news for hours. It was better than a gun show. All kinds of stuff like this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top