JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The blueprint is already in place:

2013-01-18-0213GunCOntrol101HP.jpg

Like boiling a frog, except it's chipping away at our rights, just a little at a time...

Never let the gun control left sell me more gun control....

Common sense Oregon? Yea, that'd be unlicensed Constitutional Carry

Private sales are still legal in Oregon, just requires a mandatory background check... ;);)

That's the irony, it accomplishes absolutely zero... Especially when countless sheriffs from around the state refuse to enforce such a ridiculous law...

Yet Commonsense Oregon touts it as a victory... As they would with any infringement of our Second Amendment rights. Wonder if they'd feel the same glee if their First Amendment rights were to be infringed upon...

One would think not...

If you loose your second amendment rights, you have NO first amendment rights. Period! The entire US constitution relies on the second amendment. The second amendment IS the backbone of the entire document. I should clearify, no private sales in Oregon and Washington are not banned. But now you have to jump through another hoop that was not there before.

^^^In total agreement...

The mandatory background checks on personal transfers are simply further chipping away at our rights... You can eat the whole elephant, one bite at a time...

See what happens when there's a super majority of liberals in charge...

Running roughshod over the Constitution....

The Facts and truth about gun ownership :

I think most gun owners are just paranoid and fear something they can not see.
Lets look at the facts:

Most people killed in school shootings bought their full automatics at their guns store with no background check. This kind death and destruction happens because common sense gun laws are not passed because the NRA wants to preserve rights by killing women and children.
If you do not support tougher gun laws you are saying killing is ok with you.
Did you know that 9 out of 10 gun owners have a mental illness and is why its so important we pass laws so your neighbor, coworkers and doctor can tell authorities that they do not like your stance on firearms. Umm I mean think you are mentally ill.
You need to trust our community leaders like Oregon's Prozasnki who owns several guns and is a Conceal Carry holder. He only wants a safe community for you and I to live in. With common sense gun laws we can preserve rights and make communities safer. We can not let one more felon buy a full automatic weapon from a gun store again. What we need is a 30 day a wait period that way if a person is a felon then we can really really really know if there are one, and we must make sure gun owners can not go on shooting rampages by only allowing a person to buy one firearm per month. Did you know it only take the police 10-15 minutes to get to your home if a felon breaks in ? Thats only 10 minutes people wait longer getting their food in the drive thru. 10-15 is plenty of time to stay hidden until police arrive and if they don't make sure you give the criminal what they want and they will leave peacefully. If we just didnt resist the felon, then most crimes and shootings could be eliminated. Defedning yourself with a firearm leads to violence.

So today we can start a new world of peace, by working to limit gun ownership and removing the ability of felons to by guns at their local hot-dog stand or gun store without a background check. We do this by passing better laws that will create many more common sense laws all why preserving the gun owners right to the use their 2nd Amendment rights freely.
That one more common sense gun law might just be the law that saves a child.
So support guns laws for a healthy community and the children.

DH.

The above commentary was what it sounds like to anti-gun persons.
It doesn't sound like that to most of us, but there is where their logic sits in a world
of misdirection, misinformation and lies. It may sound funny or tongue in cheek but this is how they force feed the public. They are cunning and calculated and will use every a lie, because a lie is only a lie if they don't believe it . They are master manipulators and they will not stop until our rights are gone. So fight for a future and this is what we should fight against this kind of tyranny for the children.

My fear for Future Gun Control measures are not just going after guns or even types of guns. But making it harder to get ammo or finding a range or place to shoot and hunt.
I'm not saying not to worry about gun bans , just watch out for "back door" methods. The "I'm not coming after your gun , that's your right , just your ammo and where you shoot" . Type of ban.
Andy

DuneHopper, I had to start scrolling to see where you were headed with that. Whew - finally got my blood pressure back down! It's actually a pretty good commentary and a good idea for us to know that attitude exists.

My fear for Future Gun Control measures are not just going after guns or even types of guns. But making it harder to get ammo or finding a range or place to shoot and hunt.
I'm not saying not to worry about gun bans , just watch out for "back door" methods. The "I'm not coming after your gun , that's your right , just your ammo and where you shoot" . Type of ban.
Andy

It would even be easier than that. Just regulate springs of all kinds. There is not a single firearm that can operate without a spring or two.

Andy

You're on the right track. Just yesterday the East Bay Regional Park District in Oakland unanimously voted to close the Chabot Regional Park shooting range that has been in operation for 50 years.

Andy

That's exactly what we need to watch for. The most recent in Oregon being HB4147, again touted as a 'safety' measure, it stands poised to strip the rights from many would-be gun owners with a simple phone call from someone who doesn't even have to be a licensed mental health care provider. The burden of proof is on the potential gun buyer, not on the one making the claim (false or otherwise), and there is no punishment for someone that makes a false claim, even though it affects the potential gun buyer.

We have to watch these folks very, very carefully. They are learning that their bigger attempts, like restricting certain guns or magazine capacity are tougher fights and only seem to work in some areas. But find a way to limit ammo sales or availability, such as Seattle's tax on ammo, and you may just slow thing down to a crawl, maybe even causing some folks to just give up out of frustration.

We know who the gun grabbers are, and we need to no only block them, but do everything we can to be certain they'r not re-elected - that, and getting them replaced with folks that are pro-gun.

DuneHopper, I had to start scrolling to see where you were headed with that. Whew - finally got my blood pressure back down! It's actually a pretty good commentary and a good idea for us to know that attitude exists.

Sorry about that ....but my goal was to put out how outrageous it sounds when we say it even.
I tell you it was very hard to twist my mind to get that perspective, and once I was done I just pulled my head out of my arse and I was back to normal LOL.

That's exactly what we need to watch for. The most recent in Oregon being HB4147, again touted as a 'safety' measure, it stands poised to strip the rights from many would-be gun owners with a simple phone call from someone who doesn't even have to be a licensed mental health care provider. The burden of proof is on the potential gun buyer, not on the one making the claim (false or otherwise), and there is no punishment for someone that makes a false claim, even though it affects the potential gun buyer.

We have to watch these folks very, very carefully. They are learning that their bigger attempts, like restricting certain guns or magazine capacity are tougher fights and only seem to work in some areas. But find a way to limit ammo sales or availability, such as Seattle's tax on ammo, and you may just slow thing down to a crawl, maybe even causing some folks to just give up out of frustration.

We know who the gun grabbers are, and we need to no only block them, but do everything we can to be certain they'r not re-elected - that, and getting them replaced with folks that are pro-gun.
Actually, HB 4147 is the extended wait for the OPS ID Unit to complete the background check. The limit goes from the current 3 days to a proposed 10 days.

What really needs to happen is updated systems and record keeping and additional manpower so they can meet the current 3 day window...

November is coming, time to clean house, no pun intended...

Actually, HB 4147 is the extended wait for the OPS ID Unit to complete the background check. The limit goes from the current 3 days to a proposed 10 days.

What really needs to happen is updated systems and record keeping and additional manpower so they can meet the current 3 day window...

November is coming, time to clean house, no pun intended...

Shhhh, don't tell 'em this bill doesn't mean DOODLEY! What gun shop, these days, is going to release a fire arm to ANYONE without the official Okee-Dokee from OSP? The argument I've heard from our side is that this poor gal that's been threatened by an ex might need the gun quick. Reference above about the "okee-dokee". The other situation, regular customer of the shop gets the delay, doesn't really matter to him? He's got other guns, so three day/ten days, doesn't matter.

This bill is proof positive that the people that came up with HB 4147 have no common sense, or knowledge of how the background check system even works, or what the REALITIES actually are!

DOODLEY I tell ya'

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads