JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Darwin was really stretching this one! Dude kept going and going, and going time and time again! Sure hope kali sticks it to him good, and I didn't see a Killery bumper sticker, so he's screwed:D:p:eek:

Me thinks the camera guy didn't have any thing to do with dumbazz, just there to record the waves crashing on the jetty! Camera guy may have even been the one to call the Coasties to come pick up that fool!

Well that's another "hold my beer" moment!!

Speaking of... when I was USCG SAR in San Diego, we would often get calls for boater in distress out towards Catalina Island. So we arrive on scene to find a guy all by himself in a 12' dingy out in the middle of the ocean (about 4 hrs from land with a 5hp motor), in shorts only, no radio, no life jacket, no oars, but they always had a six, twelve pack, or even a case. Funny, we never found anybody like that with hard liquor. And we'd talk to them and they didn't want to leave the boat behind even tho it was swamping.

Man, give the guy a break. In CA anything that poses even the slightest danger has a written warning on it. So if you don't see a warning there is obviously no danger.

Man, give the guy a break. In CA anything that poses even the slightest danger has a written warning on it. So if you don't see a warning there is obviously no danger.
Yep. My favorite Vernal Falls, Yosemite.. it's all fenced off too. You gotta see it firsthand to realize how stupid CA makes people.

th?&id=OIP.M149897adb9b4dc405cf4abc19783c0f5o0&w=285&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Back when I drove over the road that's trucking BTW. If there was a Smoky you would flash your lights and give a 2 finger salute to other truckers, but you turned your hand so it looked like an "F" for FUZZ! That way you didn't have to get on then CB and let the fuzz who also used CB radios to listen into the traffic on the air know they had been busted!
If it was night time just the quick hi lo hi lo was the signal.
But this was many year ago so I suspect things have changed in the trucking world beyond the new "automatic" transmissions that make it like driving your little paddle equipped "sports" car to the market. That aint trucking the way we did it back then!

As a teenager I used to drive up the Gorge to McCord Creek and stand in the pool spray below Elowah Falls.
Then one day an older hippy started to yell at me and my girlfriend.
Something about "Hey stupid, where did all those rocks come from that you're standing on!"
It took a couple of minutes to put two and two together.

300px-ElowahFalls1.jpg

250px-ElowahFalls2.jpg

Last Edited:
Hope he gets a $10,000 fine. But he won't.
You wouldn't believe how much it costs if there's an oil spill. If his truck goes submerged he couldn't afford the fine.
What's wrong with the photographer filming the idiot?
The driver did put the coasty at risk. If a wave came over and hit the truck it could have slammed both guys.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top