JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We'll see how this lawsuit against Hi-Point comes out. I for one support our legal system and will respect its judgment, whether I agree with the result or not. You may prefer a French or Russian or Chinese or Cuban or Canadian system, but I like the American system and I support it.
So you agree with further taxes and restrictions on your gun rights since those come from the legal system in the US?

So you agree with further taxes and restrictions on your gun rights since those come from the legal system in the US?

Nope. I'm happy to (and have) used the American legal and political system to advocate against further taxes and restrictions on my gun rights. It's a system that I, as an American, believe in.

You not so much, I take it. And that's fine. I respect your views.

The problem with our legal system now is that people do NOT pay attention to the Judges they are electing.. Just check mark one and forget about it..
This has given us judges that now feel they can legislate from the bench..
Jury nullification seems to be a lost art..
We have a great system, we the people are failing it..

The problem with our legal system now is that people do NOT pay attention to the Judges they are electing.. Just check mark one and forget about it..
This has given us judges that now feel they can legislate from the bench..
Jury nullification seems to be a lost art..
We have a great system, we the people are failing it..

So please explain to us how a better system would work and how would you implement it?

James Ruby

So please explain to us how a better system would work and how would you implement it?

James Ruby

WHAT??? Please do not put words in my mouth, I do not do that to you.

I didn't Fault the SYSTEM did it.. No where in my above posting did I say the system it self needs changing.

I said the problem is with the people, the apathy of the people and a lack of care or education on the matter.

What would I do? What I have been doing, being involved. talking to people. Door knocking, attending group meetings, participating, And doing what I can to educate people.
What are you doing?

WHAT??? Please do not put words in my mouth, I do not do that to you.

I didn't Fault the SYSTEM did it.. No where in my above posting did I say the system it self needs changing.

I said the problem is with the people, the apathy of the people and a lack of care or education on the matter.

What would I do? What I have been doing, being involved. talking to people. Door knocking, attending group meetings, participating, And doing what I can to educate people.
What are you doing?

Then we are in agreement - I just hear enough people complaining about our system - I like our system a great deal. I am tired of hearing about how screwed up it is and you are right you did say it was a great system.

James Ruby

How are you failing the system?

????

Wow... I really dont understand, one takes my statement and construes it into something not at all to what I said.
Now another is putting it all on me??

Ill write this again... I am saying, WE ( as in all the people of the US in general, not putting it all on one person, or myself or even you, but in general, the citizens of the United States Of America.) are failing the system.

In the judiciary how many people actually spend time researching the judges before voting? How many just pick a box on the ballot?
In the local level how many really get involved in what ever it is they believe in?
How many caste a vote against some one, rather then actually vote for some one?
Or vote for the lesser of two evil
How many people in all these discussions on this board do more then just sit in front of a computer and bicker?
How many do more then just read the short Voter guide that comes in the mail, and actually spend time learning about the issues, the candidates, the propositions? Not just hear say from their friends or even what the "party" tells them or crap Union demands from them.

How am I failing the system, because I should be doing more then working with the candidates I believe in, I should be doing more door knocking then the 400 houses I have been to this month alone, and sooooo many all summer, because being a PCO and active with it is still not enough. I haven't spent enough time working with the various groups I believe in.. Maybe the countless hours researching what each proposition is and how it will affect me and my community. Maybe I guess I haven't read up enough court cases from the judges before making my decision on which one to vote for.. Or maybe not got the word out enough about a good choice for that position, like all my support I have given for the Honorable Sanders. ( Great pick by the way.)
My Volunteering for my party hasn't been enough.. Or working with more then just my county convention, but helping those around me,being a delegate to state for the candidate that I believed in helping to shape the platform so I can complain about it because at least I tried to do something...

I could go on and on.. But it still inst enough because so many people in this country sit there in the comfort of their chair being spoon fed garbage form the TV, doing nothing other then typing and whining in the safety of the internet thinking there are so high and mighty. To many people here do nothing about what is upsetting them about it.

I am failing the system because I am only me and I cant make up for all those who choose to do nothing.

How about you, how are you failing the system?
Call me out on it, lets here what you are doing?

In Liberty.

Last Edited:
I think that anyone who cant spend the time to vote should have little say in how the candidate behaves - to me by not spending the time to vote your opinion is null and void. I feel that it is not only my right but my duty to vote for a candidate. To not vote is a failing one's civic repsonsibility. This is my opinion.

James Ruby

Good confession. I don't feel as though I'm failing. I don't always get what I want in our political system, but that's not failure; it's just democracy. I do my part, and you probably do yours. Sorry you feel like you and "we" are are failing. I don't feel that way. We have the best gun laws in the world. It's a big system and no one individual can expect to move mountains.

????
Wow... I really dont understand, one takes my statement and construes it into something not at all to what I said.
Now another is putting it all on me??

Ill write this again... I am saying, WE ( as in all the people of the US in general, not putting it all on one person, or myself or even you, but in general, the citizens of the United States Of America.) are failing the system.

In the judiciary how many people actually spend time researching the judges before voting? How many just pick a box on the ballot?
In the local level how many really get involved in what ever it is they believe in?
How many caste a vote against some one, rather then actually vote for some one?
Or vote for the lesser of two evil
How many people in all these discussions on this board do more then just sit in front of a computer and bicker?
How many do more then just read the short Voter guide that comes in the mail, and actually spend time learning about the issues, the candidates, the propositions? Not just hear say from their friends or even what the "party" tells them or crap Union demands from them.

How am I failing the system, because I should be doing more then working with the candidates I believe in, I should be doing more door knocking then the 400 houses I have been to this month alone, and sooooo many all summer, because being a PCO and active with it is still not enough. I haven't spent enough time working with the various groups I believe in.. Maybe the countless hours researching what each proposition is and how it will affect me and my community. Maybe I guess I haven't read up enough court cases from the judges before making my decision on which one to vote for.. Or maybe not got the word out enough about a good choice for that position, like all my support I have given for the Honorable Sanders. ( Great pick by the way.)
My Volunteering for my party hasn't been enough.. Or working with more then just my county convention, but helping those around me,being a delegate to state for the candidate that I believed in helping to shape the platform so I can complain about it because at least I tried to do something...

I could go on and on.. But it still inst enough because so many people in this country sit there in the comfort of their chair being spoon fed garbage form the TV, doing nothing other then typing and whining in the safety of the internet thinking there are so high and mighty. To many people here do nothing about what is upsetting them about it.

I am failing the system because I am only me and I cant make up for all those who choose to do nothing.

How about you, how are you failing the system?
Call me out on it, lets here what you are doing?

In Liberty.

What? you what exact number of people? a percentage?
"We" as a general term for the people as a whole.

it seems I have no problem answering the question.

I can back up what I say. And will.

No, you did answer the question, and very well. I get it. You can correct me, but I think we agree. Your point seems to be that things aren't going well, we all participate, some don't carry their weight, and some do. You probably do. I try to do. Most on this board probably do what they can and have time to do. But in the end, on balance, the totality of us ("we") are responsible for how things go in this country. I don't disagree with that at all. I thought maybe your earlier post suggested that "we" are failing meant "others" are failing. Obviously that wasn't your point. You obviously recognize that "we" includes us all. So I'm on your side on this issue and apologize for misunderstanding your original post.

Its much bigger then just Us on the board..

There are Millions of people in this country who do nothing.. so many don't even vote!..
That is the issue. Those of us who do are a small percentage of those that work at it.

One other thing I would point out is that if you check your ballots you will find in many cases that Judges and other top lawyer jobs run candidates that are unopposed so you don't have a choice.

Federal judges are appointed not elected and when you have a Democrat in office you now get mostly "activists" judges that ignore the constitution and legislate from the bench for social change. The system is broken and the Constitution is ignored more and more. Thats not good for the long term health of America. Again in my humble opinion.

next time you run into a bradyite, run into him/her jump out of the car and say "see! no guns!"

Running your car into people you don't agree with? That's your suggested method? Google "Brownshirts". Here, let me help: Sturmabteilung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jeez AC,

Is your nose so far up in the air with your self-sense of superiority that you can't recognize sarcasm as a figurative argument against dumb-azzed arguments (like gun control) without accusing EVERYONE of being a "brown shirt", or "for free speech for some but not others"... Maybe I should start a page on the Wiki titled, "brown shorts" and reference all entries towards you.

;)

One other thing I would point out is that if you check your ballots you will find in many cases that Judges and other top lawyer jobs run candidates that are unopposed so you don't have a choice.

Federal judges are appointed not elected and when you have a Democrat in office you now get mostly "activists" judges that ignore the constitution and legislate from the bench for social change. The system is broken and the Constitution is ignored more and more. Thats not good for the long term health of America. Again in my humble opinion.

That is yet another problem. There is rarely any for thought into who these elected officials will appoint. We as the people did elect them and that is the result of that.
My question, why do Americans keep electing those that hate the constitution so much?
Why do we give them power?

I don't see the system broken.. I see a populist that doesn't care any more. The more we stray away from the republic and further into a true democracy the more we give up our constitution and our rights that it gives us.
WE are a Republic! not a democracy... wish we would start acting like it again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top