JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I generally regard Jeeps as the most unreliable vehicle ever made and the most overpriced vehicle you can buy, within reason. That said, I bought a well-used `87 Jeep Wrangler and modded it a bit and drove it trouble-free for a year or so before selling it. Of course, the heater didn't work, half the gauges didn't work, and it stranded the guy I sold it to a week later.

OXot_WzKTbOUfcnq0Zfe-A.jpg

I generally regard Jeeps as the most unreliable vehicle ever made and the most overpriced vehicle you can buy, within reason. That said, I bought a well-used `87 Jeep Wrangler and modded it a bit and drove it trouble-free for a year or so before selling it. Of course, the heater didn't work, half the gauges didn't work, and it stranded the guy I sold it to a week later.

View attachment 801342
I have 2 trail rated jeeps that have not stopped working yet, they do get poor mileage, but my Comanche with near 300K miles still skips across muddy fields when I put my foot down, and my Grand Cherokee with the V8 can if I don't ease into it getting onto the highway leave 4 black tire tracks on the road.

I have 2 trail rated jeeps that have not stopped working yet, they do get poor mileage, but my Comanche with near 300K miles still skips across muddy fields when I put my foot down, and my Grand Cherokee with the V8 can if I don't ease into it getting onto the highway leave 4 black tire tracks on the road.
I had an Overland with the Hemi in it. Hot rod. Totally reliable for me. Ran like a top until the day it was totaled. To be fair it still ran after that, but didn't steer as well as it used to.

I had an Overland with the Hemi in it. Hot rod. Totally reliable for me. Ran like a top until the day it was totaled. To be fair it still ran after that, but didn't steer as well as it used to.
I know that they are just tools, but there is alot of years of travel filled with emotion in my Jeeps.
I am sorry to hear that yours was lost before its time.

My grandfather's CJ2A still earns its keep on our Tree Farm. He lived in town because my grandmother refused to move into the country, so he bought the Jeep to travel out here. When he died, my father moved it onto the property, and it has lived here ever since. :)

My son and I spruced it up a few years ago, and it was a great chance for him to learn mechanical repairs. We will be doing some minor work on my grandfathers 1945 Ford 2N tractor in the next couple of months.

The Roxor is affordable because it is simple — which modern Jeeps like the Wrangler aren't.
Say "just empty every pocket" with a Hindi accent, seven times. My primary concern would be reliability, then safety.
I have zero nostalgia about jeeps. Every CJ owner I knew did not own them for long....
I also found the article insulting. Comparing agency law ( ATF pistol brace / EPA diesel regs ) to fatwa just exposes the writer's ignorance and adherence to Hollywood rubbish. He probably also believes a M16 will make a "click-click-click" sound if you pull the trigger on an empty mag.

Back in the Dream Time we had a Willys Overland with a 235 Chev. 6 and Warn Overdrive - 4 levers growing out of the floor.
1609687583441.png Not ours, but same thing.

It wasn't a high speed shooting brake but it would go anywhere we ever needed to go. During one trip through Freedonyer Pass in Lassen County in a blinding snow storm I had the distinct pleasure of passing a Porsche 911Turbo that was fishtailing all over the road.
I totally agree with the idea that a touch screen, an entertainment system, and autopilot aren't necessities in every vehicle.

" He probably also believes a M16 will make a "click-click-click" sound if you pull the trigger on an empty mag. "
Ya mean it doesn't?? :eek:

warning To anyone that wants a small diesel pickup don't buy a Colorado. I have one and it's junk. $47k has been back to the dealer 7 or 8 times so many don't really remember anymore and has another appointment Tuesday. Also now the warranty is done because it timed out the 3 years. have had nothing but problems with the DPF system. And now I think the transmissions having problems also. The truck doesn't even have 25k on it yet. Bought a $16k crap box Mitsubishi for my wife at the same time. It has the same mileage with 0 problems at all. Both are also serviced at the dealers.

I won't buy another new vehicle ever again. Thinking of just selling this turd of a truck and going back to driving my 1997 crew cab Powerstroke diesel And taking a $16k loss. New diesel powered vehicles just are not worth the problems.

"Thinking of just selling this turd of a truck and going back to driving my 1997 crew cab Powerstroke diesel And taking a $16k loss."

Maybe you can leave it at the airport with the keys in the ignition. ;)

We were afflicted with an '82 Chevy Diesel pickup. Of course it HAD to have expensive problems while I was unemployed.
It is hard to convey the fun of changing an injector pump in a garage that won't close in Nov. When it came to buying a new truck in '03 we decided to eat the poor mileage and get a V-10 gas engine. Now we have an immaculately maintained '03 F-250 with <50K mi.
It is definitely fun to drive.

@BSDave I have a 2001 F-350 with the 7.3L diesel, low miles. Love it. It just goes. I'll never sell it simply because of that 7.3L diesel in it.

The only thing I need to do is put a newer stereo in it that has Bluetooth, a microphone for hands free, and perhaps Apple CarPlay.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top