JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I wish jeep USA would produce a CJ with a Diesel engine and sell it for $16k. That would be awesome.

I Rented a 2019 wrangler Sahara limited I think it was. New Sticker price $48,000. Seems to me new price for that should have been about $32k. I love classic jeeps but that thing the engine was loud and whiny and under hard breaking on highway the steering wheel literally jumped side to side about 5 inches each way. I thought a wheel would come flying off. This was a low
Mileage basically new Jeep. Unbelievable for a vehicle costing almost $50k

I have a friend who drove an Isuzu Pup diesel pickup for close to 30 years and well over a half million miles. It was very reliable, and held up well to abuse. He owns a tree farm and does outside work logging, so it got used in rugged conditions and really beat up. Despite this, it kept on going!

Isuzu makes excellent industrial diesel engines that power heavy equipment. They are called the Duramax when installed in GM products.

Seen a few of the Roxors around here, on the street. There is a dealer 15 miles away.

They are basically a UTV, or side by side, and smaller than some popular UTVs. I actually researched them and considered buying one before buying my Honda Pioneer since I thought they were cool as heck.

The problem is, they are still too wide to take on USFS ATV trails, or go around the gates, which was my whole goal of getting a UTV.

They are also restricted to about 45 mph, use a stiff leaf-spring suspension, and most are over $20k with options. My Honda P500 was just over $10k nicely outfitted, starts every time, and can go around the USFS gates. I love it!

IMG_20200808_181106516.jpg

My son-in-law fell in love with the Suzuki Jimny while stationed in Japan. When I went over there, I saw a ton of them.

maxresdefault.jpg

He ended up buying one and imported it. It's on it's way from a port in Texas to McChord AFB as we speak.

His is an older rare model. 1994 Scott Edition turbo with an automatic transmission. He had to get an automatic because at 6'3", his legs are too long to work a clutch in one.

1992-suzuki-jimny-samurai-4x4-turbo-scott-competition-edition-tintop-1.jpg

Back in 2019 my wife and I went to the Seattle Auto Show and I saw a 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon there. I basically fell in love, thinking it's the perfect little off-roader.
Looked at the MSRP of it, was $50-something-K!
Looked around at it some more, I can NOT believe Jeep thinks a Wrangler is so valuable. They must be making a killing off of these things. The interior, although having a cool dash and seats, was every bit as spartan as an old FJ40. My friend has a beat-up FJ40, and seriously aside from nicer seats and dash, they basically look the same on the inside.

Before posting this, I went onto the Jeep website to check the price of a 2 door Rubicon, to confirm I wasn't seeing things. I was able to easily build it up to $58K without trying too hard. For a 2 door!

My coworker has the exact same 2 door Rubicon (2020) I am speaking of, he said the Jeep dealer didn't give him any discounts, they don't need to!

I'd love to see something in the US without all the fu-fu. Damn TVs in the console, fancy crap I DON'T want/need. Obviously we're not going to get away from the standard safety stuff like air bags and a proper body and frame to withstand crashes. Can a car be ordered anymore from the factory to be built to the customers specs? I remember my Dad ordering a car or three from Detroit. Taking the train back there and driving the vehicle back home to Utah. All back in the manual/roll-up windows days.

Can we buy one imported slightly used from India, then it might have a vin and be street legal, without the deq requirements for new manufacturer here.
ATVs are legal for street use once you add a horn and mirrors. My Honda Pioneer is street legal and in the summer, my girlfriend and I take it down to the local diner or just putt around town quite often.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top