JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Thinking of just selling this turd of a truck and going back to driving my 1997 crew cab Powerstroke diesel And taking a $16k loss."

Maybe you can leave it at the airport with the keys in the ignition. ;)

We were afflicted with an '82 Chevy Diesel pickup. Of course it HAD to have expensive problems while I was unemployed.
It is hard to convey the fun of changing an injector pump in a garage that won't close in Nov. When it came to buying a new truck in '03 we decided to eat the poor mileage and get a V-10 gas engine. Now we have an immaculately maintained '03 F-250 with <50K mi.
It is definitely fun to drive.

it's back at the dealer and has been there for over a week This time and don't expect it back for two more. Now they say the DPF is plugged and it needs a new one. Only thing is Chevy nation wide is out of stock and are waiting for a shipment from the supplier in Taiwan.

apparently the whole damn truck is made in Taiwan and the US model is the only to have such filter.

it's back at the dealer and has been there for over a week This time and don't expect it back for two more. Now they say the DPF is plugged and it needs a new one. Only thing is Chevy nation wide is out of stock and are waiting for a shipment from the supplier in Taiwan.

apparently the whole damn truck is made in Taiwan and the US model is the only to have such filter.

Co-worker had the 3.6 V6 Colorado. Always in the shop for electrical.

At my work, we pretty much only have Fords, unfortunately. The gas powered ones are bad enough, but the Powerstrokes are constantly in the shop for diesel emission failure issues. Constantly. Check engine light is always on, and usually comes on in the first 4 weeks of us receiving the brand new truck. Some of the diesel issues require cab-off work, which is a nightmare on our rigs because they are upfitted and have additional wiring harnesses added on for lights, accessories, etc that aren't easily disconnected like the Ford OEM harnesses.

And the 2016 Ford Escape 1.6EB I am assigned to, the driver door pops open when driving, the LED lights lighting up the buttons on the radio are going out, the engine either has a boost leak or failing head gasket (common on the EcoBoost) the HVAC doors are struggling and sometimes the air comes out of the wrong vents, the steering wheel is crumbling, and the infotainment (Sync 2 or 3, I'm not a Ford guy) won't pair with my phone and the time keeps getting stuck.

All with only 39K miles on it.:rolleyes: ( a lot of the parts on new Fords are made in China, BTW)

I've been looking at the new F-150, they're so nice, to replace my 14 year old Nissan Titan. But, with all of the problems we have on new Fords at work, and the extreme cost of a new truck ($60K to replace my Titan with an equivalent F-150) and the fact I have never had a breakdown or any major issue (never needed warranty work) with my current truck, I just don't think I can justify buying a new truck.

It's sad that it's come to this but I for one will never buy a new domestic vehicle again. Not only has their quality has just tanked in the toilet like Twitter stock. They all supported the election of kiddy sniffer Joe and his sidekick KamelToe with millions in donations to BLM to be funnel to their election.

All the new DPF crap is just garbage. It really hurts the reliability. Pull that crap off and they seems to do awesome.

I am excited for the little jeep UTV. Looks like a great little ranch runabout.

I too will not be buying a new vehicle for the foreseeable future. My newest vehicle is a 2003 Audi. Oldest is a 1986.5 Nissan. My old Nissan is a nicer place to be than most new cars, including many of the newer Audis, and their sea of cheap nasty plastic.

And the 2016 Ford Escape 1.6EB I am assigned to, the driver door pops open when driving, the LED lights lighting up the buttons on the radio are going out, the engine either has a boost leak or failing head gasket (common on the EcoBoost) the HVAC doors are struggling and sometimes the air comes out of the wrong vents, the steering wheel is crumbling, and the infotainment (Sync 2 or 3, I'm not a Ford guy) won't pair with my phone and the time keeps getting stuck.

All with only 39K miles on it.:rolleyes: ( a lot of the parts on new Fords are made in China, BTW)
My work vehicle is a 2015 Ford Escape. 20k miles. Biggest POS vehicle I've ever driven. Well, maybe the `72 Pinto with 200k miles on it was slightly worse, but the Escape has broken down more.

My Escape also has the crumbling steering wheel, HVAC issues, interior falling apart, blew a head gasket, would randomly quit running while driving, CV joint issues, and seems to always have a check engine light on. Just a horrible vehicle.

My own vehicle also has 20k miles, and goes in the shop twice a year... For oil changes. Of course it's a Toyota, so I don't worry about breakdowns.

My work vehicle is a 2015 Ford Escape. 20k miles. Biggest POS vehicle I've ever driven. Well, maybe the `72 Pinto with 200k miles on it was slightly worse, but the Escape has broken down more.

My Escape also has the crumbling steering wheel, HVAC issues, interior falling apart, blew a head gasket, would randomly quit running while driving, CV joint issues, and seems to always have a check engine light on. Just a horrible vehicle.

My own vehicle also has 20k miles, and goes in the shop twice a year... For oil changes. Of course it's a Toyota, so I don't worry about breakdowns.

We bought a 2020 Toyota. Getting too old to deal with car problems.

At my work, vehicle reliability issues are a real thing that often affects our ability to get work done. I could never imagine paying good money for a vehicle that falls apart like ours do.

My co-worker swears by his F-150 3.5EB, he says that Ford is more careful about their bread-n-butter F-150.

I guess I've been very lucky. I've had cars and or trucks from Ford, Chrysler, GM and AMC and they've all run well. I've owned German and Japanese cars and even a Volvo. Not one of them has had an engine or drivetrain problem that I didn't induce with my right foot (and left maybe once). None of them have been plagued with issues. Not all of them have been meticulously maintained, but they've all had reasonably good care. I generally keep them until the cost of expected repairs or maintenance exceeds the value of the car, and then sell them cheap or give them away. Except of course the ones that have been totaled. Yes, that was plural. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top