JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finally reached a place in life where I made it well into the $1000 club this year, took it out and in less than 2 mags.... the rear sight literally fell out on the ground.

sapphire.jpg These are my two 1000 plus purchases. tavor.jpg

I know exactly what you mean about nearly jumping ship on cheaper items. There is more available at lesser prices than the more expensive stuff, seems like it's a better deal getting two for the same money..... :)

Anyway, i think actually my 2nd ever was my first $1k - Bushmaster AR from the Windham days in the mid 2000's.

I'm not sure i spent that again until my Winchester 101.

View attachment 412987

its taken 2 trips to the factory under warranty over 5 months and multiple range sessions ($ wasted) and only just recently got it back. Those bubblegumers didnt want to replace my slide...

They finally fixed it for ya right? I almost bought one couple months ago. Private party sale but was a screaming price. sometimes I still kick myself for letting that one go. :confused:

They finally fixed it for ya right? I almost bought one couple months ago. Private party sale but was a screaming price. sometimes I still kick myself for letting that one go. :confused:

I think so.... Just got it back, again, a couple weeks ago. Rear sight seems solid and passed a few raps with a drift without moving (measured with calipers), the slide is obviously new (i took befer pics...). Each time they only wanted me to send the slide only, I refused the second timd... Took about 20 emails with some strong words I told them they were going to replace the slide no options.
Put about 200rds thru it last weekend and its a nice shooter but its still breaking in, sluggish slide and a few FTFs, super tight fit... Super tight. Thing is a tac driver.

So welcome me to the $1000 club, but it wasnt the experience I had expected....

Any issues with that Kimber? Wifey got her a Pro Aegis a few years ago, which I believe is the same platform, and has issues with some FTEs and stove pipes, Slide not staying open on last round due to the mag follower tilting, ejects up and back on her head, sometimes off her face/neck line :)eek:).

I'm in the club by just a few bucks.

IMGP0944.jpg

Love the gun, been not one issue! Other than getting mags. It's not the mag it's self, it's just the large Mecgar for CZ. It's the base plate you need due to the mag well.

I think so.... Just got it back, again, a couple weeks ago. Rear sight seems solid and passed a few raps with a drift without moving (measured with calipers), the slide is obviously new (i took befer pics...). Each time they only wanted me to send the slide only, I refused the second timd... Took about 20 emails with some strong words I told them they were going to replace the slide no options.
Put about 200rds thru it last weekend and its a nice shooter but its still breaking in, sluggish slide and a few FTFs, super tight fit... Super tight. Thing is a tac driver.

So welcome me to the $1000 club, but it wasnt the experience I had expected....

Well welcome to the club Koda!! Not the experience that you wanted but well worth it when its all said and done. I am sure in a year you won't be sorry you did.

Bought a target rifle for $906 once but the only thing I have that broke the wife barrier was my Mauser C96 that I have wanted for 40 years since playing with Robbie Irving's blue plastic toy broomhandle all those years ago.

I must be in the wrong group. Bought a new Mini 14 earlier this year (msrp $1169), plus a scope, and felt guilty about it (and dead if my wife ever finds out).

I finally did it. After months of selling off surplus crap lying around the house and setting aside money I finally put in for a purchase of an over $1000 dollar gun!

I get to join the club now right???

It was rough, lots of temptation out there, I almost jumped ship on something else a couple of times. Once I shot the 45 version of this pistol I knew I would end up wanting the 9mm version if they made one, and they released it last month. Having built two AR15s in 9mm and fighting all the inconsistent recoil with buffer weights and ammo types I thought I was done with the platform once I bought my Beretta Storm carbine to replace the need. However being a Glock boy, I still couldn't resist. Now I wait for it to get over to @LuckySG for transfer!

What kind of buffer setup will your new one have? I run a 7.5oz solid buffer and extra power carbine spring, and its soft and smooth from 115gr to 147. It is however, the only PCC I have shot, so I don't have a lot to go on.

Any issues with that Kimber? Wifey got her a Pro Aegis a few years ago, which I believe is the same platform, and has issues with some FTEs and stove pipes, Slide not staying open on last round due to the mag follower tilting, ejects up and back on her head, sometimes off her face/neck line :)eek:).

I'm in the club by just a few bucks.

View attachment 413029

Love the gun, been not one issue! Other than getting mags. It's not the mag it's self, it's just the large Mecgar for CZ. It's the base plate you need due to the mag well.
I have not had any issues with mine at all. However, it is in 9mm. I do not know what yours is but not sure if that would make any difference. I had another Kimber that I sold a while ago. I had no issues with it either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top