JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ_fd6RRcpocuEl_mxk5bGG63ZWSwiXqI_dabY0YMUEAaA_8Wc&t=1.jpg

I have owned 5 Glocks and even more 1911's. I love the feel and shoot of 1911's, but it is also hard to argue with the simple,tough operation of Glocks.
I take one or the other to work every day and like many others out there, have to leave their weapon in their vehicle. I have a hard time leaving my
expensive 1911's in the car for 10 hours, If the Glock gets stolen it would suck...but at only 1/2 the price.

I take one or the other to work every day and like many others out there, have to leave their weapon in their vehicle. I have a hard time leaving my expensive 1911's in the car for 10 hours, If the Glock gets stolen it would suck...but at only 1/2 the price.

Good point. I would still hate to lose any pistol due to somebody stealing it from my vehicle. Maybe I should throw a Hi-point in the truck...... :s0131:

I've owned numerous Glock pistols. They do go bang almost every time, never had one go KaBoom! on me. I sold my last one a few months ago, and I'm done with them. I don't agree with their business practices and their blatant dishonesty the past few years regarding the problems they've had with guns running mounted lights, so called "limp wristing" the failure of an inordinate number of Glock 22s sold to the Indiana State Police, etc.

They are functional guns, but they're not any better than XDs or M&Ps - I have owned both of those as well. And I currently own a Kahr PM9, which is a fine plastic gun as well (although the area under the dustcover is steel - something Glock didn't think of until a few years ago).

I don't agree with their business practices and their blatant dishonesty the past few years regarding the problems they've had with guns running mounted lights, so called "limp wristing" the failure of an inordinate number of Glock 22s sold to the Indiana State Police, etc.

I hadn't heard anything about this before, so I spent some time on google. The only thing I could find is this:
<broken link removed>
"We had experienced a number of issues on the range with our issued Glock model 22, .40 caliber duty pistol magazines, which represents 45 percent of our issued weapons," said Flynn in the memo.

The chief became aware of the problem in January 2008. Since then, "Glock has replaced 2,700 pistol magazines at no cost to the Milwaukee Police Department," said Flynn in the memo.

and:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1616676/posts
Indiana State Police will receive new Glock 9 mm handguns as a result of functional problems with their current Glock 40-caliber handguns.

About 50 guns that were identified as dysfunctional through a manufacturer defect will be replaced, said Indiana State Police Sgt. Joe Watts.

The manufacturer is replacing the guns at no cost to State Police, Watts said.

I cannot find anything about limp wristing or anything that suggests dishonesty.
Is there something I'm missing? I'm honestly curious. Please post up anything you know of or can find.

I am aware of several local agencies with Glock 22 handguns who either went away from those guns altogether, changed duty ammo from Speer Gold Dot (which is pretty good stuff), or had some other bad experience with Glock (i.e. 3 round burst mode Glock 35 all of the sudden). I know for a fact the Glock representative's standard reply to failure to feed/failure to extract is "You're limp wristing the gun". Next default response is "Did you have a light attached?" If the answer is yes, then "Was it one of our lights?" because most use a light which isn't Glock manufacture. Then there were the excuses about the "wrong follower" in the Glock .40 caliber series. Prior to this, the exploding Glock 21s which led to Portland Police removing .45 caliber Glocks from service.

Yes, that Free Republic link hints at what happened in Indiana, Illinois and the midwest. Also, Dean Speir's GunZone tracks Glock and others' issues fairly well. In 2007 when I lived in Indiana it was all over the local LE web boards such as Police One, etc that the .40 caliber Glocks were failing and ISP was looking at serious litigation with Glock. And it wasn't just 50 guns either.

Example - Catastrophic Failure: Glock 22 [Archive] - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com
Example - Is the Glock 22 the perfect choice for law enforncement? - Page 2 - TheFiringLine Forums
Example - http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/hhnj.html

I didn't do a google search to read about Illinois' problems. As I have explained, I personally know (not internet knowledge) of problems here in the northwest with Glock pistols failing to feed regular duty ammo, continually stovepiping duty loads with a light attached, going three round burst (one instance), blowing up barrels and so on. Glock always has an answer which doesn't involve "it's our fault" or "you're right..it's been happening for years and it's a design flaw". Not acceptable.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top