JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, so I have jokingly picked on Glocks on here for quite a while, always been an XD/XDm guy, but I have to say that I picked up one at the gunshow Saturday that made me rethink some of my dislikes.

I currently don't have a .40s&W and have been thinking of picking one up. Don't want to spend the $600 on another XDm, or $1000 on an HK. I like variety.

Anyway, I saw a G22 on the table and thought to myself, "that's not THAT bad looking, kind of like it actually." And then I picked it up and the grip actually felt pretty good, normally I don't like how they feel in my hand. Only thing I didn't like were those sharp little spike type things on the grip, but I could change that. Think I might give it a try.

Secretly hope I hate it, though.

I have never had a problem with plastic. Other than looks and ergonomics never had much bad to say about Glock, just liked poking fun at the Glock guys because they always get to fired up. They must be good guns with such a devoted following.

I actually picked on up this weekend too, a Glock 26. My better half was looking for a new pistol and picked it up first, then asked me to try it... I begrudgendly did...not too bad for a Glock. I still don't like the larger sizes, but you cant win them all.

I think we both meant it the same way, we ended up buying a Kahr PM9. I am not ready to put out that much for a "tupperware" gun just yet. LOL. If my better half would have asked for it though, it would have been hers!

The biggest problem I have with Glocks is the same reason I like them. IMO Glocks are the end-all, be-all of a practical semi-auto pistol. Anyone, regardless of training or experience with guns can pick up a Glock and make it go bang (Which is probably why most police departments issue them). Therein lies the problem; it doesn't take any intimacy with your gun to make it function. If you dropped it in a struggle the bad guy can pick it up and rock and roll, there's no fumbling around with safeties.

Glocks can take a helluva lot of abuse too. They function fine on broken pins and trigger springs. There's some videos floating around of a guy dropping a Glock out of a airplane, shooting the slide, never cleaning it, etc, and the thing kept on shooting.

If plastic and ergonomics aren't your thing, there are aftermarket stainless steel and alloy frames with interchangeable backstraps. I've got a Glock 22 on a stainless steel CCF raceframe with the small backstrap (It's for sale/trade btw). The weight of the frame tames the .40 down and it has the ergo of a doublestack 1911.

If you would want the texture of the grip changed a little... or maybe something more I suggest that you take a look at this guy

TGG Inc

I had him work over my Glock 19. I had the finger grooves removed, stippled the front and backstrap, and the complete trigger job. Well worth it, great guy awesome work!

I recently bought the G23 which is the Compact .40... I havent shot it yet but the grip feels great.. I also have a G27 and i dont really like how it feels when i shoot it, so its just packed in my go bag, the glock i do love though is the Glock 30 S/F .45 its my daily carry and feels really good all around for a small .45

While I don't own a Glock, I have fired them and had a chance to peek inside one when a friend broke it completely down for me. They seem like a very serviceable weapon and if I liked the feel in my hand I would consider getting one. Maybe I could fab up a 1911 slip cover for them.........:s0114::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top