JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked one up today at BiMart. Price tag said $249.97 but rang up as $239.97 so with the $10 background check fee, $249.97 out the door.

Ran 80 or so rounds through it this afternoon without a hiccup. :s0155:

Seemed like a couple of Thanksgivings ago, they had that Black Pack rebate deal, and that ammo was really good. Everything since has been iffy, I've noticed that it seems like the priming is spotty and doesn't always cap off. Same gun, same day, I put other brands in, and it works flawlessly, so probably not the gun.

Glad to see someone else that puts a significant number of rounds through their pistols!
The 1600ct box deal was supposedly better ammo than the later bulked packed 800ct boxes.

Most guns today are more accurate than the shooter.
Depends on the shooter. I know a lot of people blast away at tin cans and watermelons close up, but I like a pistol that will hold a 2 to 3" group at 25 yards, at least. My TX22 will barely hold a 12" group at 25 yards. It will ring steel nicely at 15 yards, but past that the bullets tumble and go wild.

Depends on the shooter. I know a lot of people blast away at tin cans and watermelons close up, but I like a pistol that will hold a 2 to 3" group at 25 yards, at least. My TX22 will barely hold a 12" group at 25 yards. It will ring steel nicely at 15 yards, but past that the bullets tumble and go wild.
Maybe Taurus will send you a new magazine to try and resolve the issue:D

With a suppressor attached the barrel wiggles inside the slide, accuracy is dismal past 50 yards. Someone suggested a 1911 style custom barrel bushing to help.

Never had a keyhole with mine. 22 Plinkster tries one out in this video. Bulk ammo and even with suppressor.hitting steel at 100 yds, off hand. You may have lemon. Give Taurus a call.

Never had a keyhole with mine. 22 Plinkster tries one out in this video. Bulk ammo and even with suppressor.hitting steel at 100 yds, off hand. You may have lemon. Give Taurus a call.
I already did. They told me that they could send me another barrel, but for whatever reason they couldn't do it now, and to call back again in "a few weeks". I don't know why they couldn't put me on a list and send one when they became available. From what I've seen online, bad barrels on these are very, very common.

I also think that there are plenty of buyers who have one with a bad barrel, but can't shoot well enough to know the difference. I hope the new barrel fixes mine (when I eventually get it) because I really want to like this gun. I know I would never want to buy a used one without getting a chance to shoot it first, way too many lemons out there.

While I haven't witnessed any keyholing with mine. Now I feel like I need to test it out. I purchased two spare barrels, one threaded and one non threaded, I'm curious to see what they look like when I get them.

If I get any key holes, I'll be requesting another free barrel too.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not attacking the TX22. I really want to like it. I think they nailed it with the ergonomics, and other than the keyholiing, mine functions perfectly. If a new barrel fixes it, I'll be quite happy with it. :)

7yd.jpg 10yds.jpg 15yds.jpg

7, 10 and 15 yard targets from yesterday. I'm not that unhappy with these but also understand that I am one of the people mentioned above. You know, the ones that can't shoot well enough to notice whether it is an accurate pistol or not. o_O:)

Obviously, looks like mine shoots a bit left. I'm not going to mess with it yet since I have a fiber optic front sight coming from Tandemkross. Hoping that will help my old eyes a little.

7, 10 and 15 yard targets from yesterday. I'm not that unhappy with these but also understand that I am one of the people mentioned above. You know, the ones that can't shoot well enough to notice whether it is an accurate pistol or not. o_O:)
Hardly. I can see by your targets that you would most certainly know if yours shot like mine does. :)

Finally was able to take my Taurus TX22 out for some plinking time. With 6 people in our party (no social distancing here) we let the youngest-my 8 year old grandson (with help from his dad) take the first shots with it. From about 7 yards away his first shot missed the spinner target, but the second shot hit the target and then he was excited!! We passed it around and it ran flawlessly using both CCI 40gr. and the black box Federal ammo.
All in all we probably ran 100+ rounds through it and everyone remarked as to how nice of a shooting pistol it was.

View attachment 799832View attachment 799833View attachment 799834

Obviously, looks like mine shoots a bit left. I'm not going to mess with it yet since I have a fiber optic front sight coming from Tandemkross. Hoping that will help my old eyes a little.
[/
Are you a right handed shooter? If you are, your probably milking your grip. Most right handed shooters when they miss, is to the left, and usually low. Improper grip, is usually the cause. If your left handed, then it's usually the opposite.

Finally was able to take my Taurus TX22 out for some plinking time. With 6 people in our party (no social distancing here) we let the youngest-my 8 year old grandson (with help from his dad) take the first shots with it. From about 7 yards away his first shot missed the spinner target, but the second shot hit the target and then he was excited!! We passed it around and it ran flawlessly using both CCI 40gr. and the black box Federal ammo.
All in all we probably ran 100+ rounds through it and everyone remarked as to how nice of a shooting pistol it was.
Glad you had a good day!!! Good on you for letting the kid shoot it. I know people who say kids should only shoot single shot rifles until they are much older, not in this family. P.S. bubble gum social distancing.

I bought one a few months back after watching a ton of reviews on Youtube.
I love this gun!
I've put maybe 800 rounds through it with 36gr, 38gr, 40gr.. only had 2 jams.
I feel the accuracy is spot one.
No issues with mine.. highly recommend for a practice/plunker gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top