Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus PT99AF 9mm thoughts

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by dobeman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

first handgun I ever bought was my Taurus PT99AF 9mm, 17rnd magazine. This was years ago when I first became of gun buying age :) You can tell by my recent posts I'm going through my humble gun collection and assessing where I stand with them - like 'em, keep 'em, cycle 'em out.. Thinking of when I've shot this PT99 - it's like shooting a Lincoln Towncar compared to say my Taurus ultralight 38spl revolver. Very smooth and accurate. It's big in my hands. Any other Taurus PT99/92 shooters out there? Thoughts on this gun? I guess super high capacity 9mm even if they are big hog legs have their place - you can fling lots of 9mm bullets really fast and accurately.

2. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

Amazing sidearm. One of the few Taurus does right. Superior quality and accuracy. I am going to be looking for another one soon just for those reason.

3. graydog

graydog Aloha,Oregon Member

I've owned a '99 for years.
    Can't think of a good reason to get rid of it.

4. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

I loved that gun, the PT 92! Too big for concealed carry but a great car-gun. Utterly reliable straight-shooter, wonderful balance in the hand. I added Bianchi wrap-around rubber grips, and it was like it was glued to my hand. Alas, I wish I had never gotten broke enough to sell it.......................elsullo :(