JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at a MPA30T where I work,any issues these Masterpiece Arms guns have?
If they do have any problems(such as reliability) then someone talk me out of it before I have to pullout my wallet.
I've attached a photo of the exact model(not exact gun though,the other on has some wear and a second mag), just looks like a fun gun to me and I've always wanted a Mac 10/11 pistol clone.

If MPA guns have some issues a coworker might talk me into a GSG MP40 9mm pistol.

mac11.jpg

Last Edited:
Assuming it's the later closed bolt??? When RPB first started making the semi version of the Ingram they were open bolt and were all but worthless. That bolt slamming forward made it hard to hit a wall you were standing in front of it was so bad. In full auto it was a piece of cake but in semi no one could hit anything without the stock. Now the later closed bolt they were always fun. I would guess there would be some way now to adapt a brace to one also which would make them even more fun to play with!!!

Assuming it's the later closed bolt??? When RPB first started making the semi version of the Ingram they were open bolt and were all but worthless. That bolt slamming forward made it hard to hit a wall you were standing in front of it was so bad. In full auto it was a piece of cake but in semi no one could hit anything without the stock. Now the later closed bolt they were always fun. I would guess there would be some way now to adapt a brace to one also which would make them even more fun to play with!!!
Definitely closed bolt, MPA never has made any open bolt guns, I think you might be thinking of Cobray they did have some open bolt guns on the market for a short period of time. MPA does also sell a brace adapter.

Last Edited:
I've been tempted by one as well. From what I've read, they are solid. I've seen mixed reports on the Velocity Arms Macs. There are adapters if you want to Form 1 one to SBR. And, indeed, all MPAs are closed-bolt. The ATF put an end to open-bolt semis in '81.

Definitely closed bolt, MPA never has made any open bolt guns, I think you might be thinking of Cobray they did have some open bolt guns on the market for a short period of time. MPA does also sell a brace adapter.
Thanks, I long ago lost track of all these and who made them when. I had an original NFA and then later a couple of the RPB when they were still open bolt. Only bought them because the hand writing was on the wall that they would force them to stop making the open bolt and price would shoot up, which it did. I sold them for so much I felt almost guilty taking the money but some just had to have one :) Several others made open bolt hand guns like this too and all of them were the same results. VERY cheap to make, easy to make work great, and impossible to hit anything with.

The one I'm looking at is dated so dated info is fine, I don't really like TTAG though,good info none the less.
Better built guns than I was expecting to hear, though that does explain on a few other reviews I was reading about surprising good accuracy for their smallest 9mm Mac clone.(same model I'd be buying)

I've got a SWD 11/9 (Mac 11) and if it wasn't full auto I wouldn't own one even if it was free.
It's only been shot on single action once and only for a couple of rounds. My advice is to spend your money on something that you would be proud to hand down some day.

Never cared much for these types, but I have a buddy that swears by it. He has a suppressor on it too.
I think if you want something like that, you will be quite happy with it.

I've got a SWD 11/9 (Mac 11) and if it wasn't full auto I wouldn't own one even if it was free.
It's only been shot on single action once and only for a couple of rounds. My advice is to spend your money on something that you would be proud to hand down some day.
The one I'm looking at has sights like a glock,white front sight, white rear outline, also very different from yours, open bolt vs closed bolt huge difference in operation and handling.

Sure it's different, but without a stock it's like shooting a brick. If you want to shoot mine in single action you're welcome to try it out.

Huh, that's too bad. I'd get that checked out.
I don't think anything was wrong with the gun it was bought brand new. I made sure to look it over well too.
Too late now its long been sold,if I ever try another glock it will be years down the line if at all.
Kinda unfortunate too because I liked the grip that didn't have the finger grooves, I did also like the stock sights and ambidextrous slide release,concealed comfortably for the size,really tried to like that Gen 5, but I refuse to own any handgun I shoot that poorly with at 7 yards.
I've shot better groups at 25 yards with other handguns. I'll just stick with guns with metal triggers,I seem to shoot all of those decently.
I don't even like the .40 round that much, just goes to show how well built those XD's are,but maybe that is my Croatian side coming out.(25% from my moms side, I look like I have more Croatian blood than that though)

I was hoping it would work out too, the glock was ugly enough I wouldn't care about any scratches if it were to get any, which was part of the reason I bought the thing.

Reviving this thread.. (yeah i know)
I just picked up a Masterpiece Arms MPA 30 (original design, copy of the Cobray)

An amazing lack of info on them throughout the net. Apparently mine takes Sten mags (unique to the MPA30 and modified guns).. of which I was able order a few at $8 per.

Anyhow, I see a ton of folks slamming the non FA pistols.. but now that we're in the age of pistol braces and PCC's I couldn't resist and think it could be quite the fun range toy. For extra ridiculousness, down the road Im adding a Stormwerks* top receiver pic rail adapter and a shotgun scope. It'll look ridiculous but it'll be fun.

Anyone else with (specifically) an older Masterpiece arms MPA30 or Cobray Mac11 pistol please chime in, Im still hunting for info.. but even Uzi Talk forum didn't have all the much for the non FA pistols.. and now that MPA is all about their bolt guns, their site is basically worthless for info on the original older models. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top